Harriet's Journey BOM

Old 08-11-2021, 07:24 AM

Mkotch, I've been sticking with the Y seam construction, hoping to get better at it as we go along (so far, they are always too short); the folded corner method does sound like an easier way to do it. I haven't started this month's blocks yet, still trying to get my backing idea off the wall (and close to finishing the first applique block, from June).

Welcome to the group, Tarheelmaria!
Old 08-11-2021, 07:33 AM

I've reported post 552.
Old 08-11-2021, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Tarheelmaria View Post
I would like to participate. Thx for organizing.
Jump in and choose your fabrics and if you don't have he book place that order. We are a good group of supportive folks. Pull up a chair to our imaginary quilting frame and get started as you can. Always room for one more! I am sure our leader will get back to you soon.
Old 08-12-2021, 11:04 AM

Here are my August blocks, plus the one from the Loyal Union Soldier.
Attached Thumbnails hj7.jpg  
Old 08-12-2021, 02:27 PM

I have finally completed the June applique block! I had trouble keeping my center stars in place, and disaster struck on my last heart, so I ended up with a smudge on the fabric, which I hope will come out in the wash.

Very nice, BethA!
Attached Thumbnails img_6999_fotor.jpg  
Old 08-12-2021, 03:24 PM

Looks great BethA!

joe'smom, way to go on that applique, I made one tiny little leaf, said, no Way! Switched to something else.
Old 08-12-2021, 04:28 PM

BethA, good for you and it isn't even the middle of the month and you are finished. You are a speedy one! Joe's Mom, I can't see a smudge but fingers crossed that it will come out. You applique looks so nice. I chose to avoid them which is silly because I like to hand stitch. Guess, I am to impatient.
Old 08-13-2021, 02:28 AM

BethA and Joe'sMom, your blocks looks super! I am about to begin work on the last two blocks. These blocks are lookign very pretty together, but oh, how fiddly they are!
Old 08-14-2021, 01:26 AM

Good morning to you all !
Thank you all so very much for your kind comments !!
Sincere apologies for not being here for the last few days ! A few reasons, and the main one being - I do not get a notification every time that anyone has posted on HJ - and every time I do look, I have to log in.
Does anyone else have this problem ?
I have had a letter from the hospital and where the doctor thought my procedure would be in a couple of months I now have a follow up telephone call on the 26th November !!
I suppose he doesn't think my problems are that bad, but it is rather frustrating !!!
We also have a new Granddaughter to cuddle with !!!
Welcome - Tarheelmaria - it is great to have you join us. If you need any help finding past blocks or any questions - please do ask - it is great fun here and there is always someone to help !
Beth A your blocks are lovely and I love your applique - you are braver than me.
Joe'smom - talking about Y seams - have I already mentioned Edyta Sitals tutorial - it is good. I just put into my search bar Quilters "Y" Seam Tutorial and the video showed up on YouTube.
I am packing bits to go to my Dear Jane group for the day tomorrow - there are 14 of us and to be fair - I guess we chat more than sew LOL - nice relaxing day though !
Take care everyone and look forward to seeing your blocks xxx
Old 08-14-2021, 02:33 PM

Dotty, a follow-up telephone call? Will that be to set up the appointment? I can see why you are frustrated -- and so sorry your visit is delayed so long. Regarding the log-in problem, I wonder if the board administrators might be able to help. Sometimes I've had a brief period where the board wanted me to log-in each time, but it always went away on its own.

I'm excited; I finished setting up my July applique block, so can now get started on this month's blocks!