Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
International Patriotic Challenge >

International Patriotic Challenge

International Patriotic Challenge

Old 11-14-2012, 11:09 AM

Well.... Since I didn't git it done at the retreat I probably won't git ta it for quit a while. Way too many things ahead o' it.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:08 PM
Muv

Hello QuiltE, The pile of sandwiches are THE quilt, but I've just run short of wadding and the border fabric. I'm expecting it to be delivered on Monday. So in the meantime I have been having a bit of a change doing a doll quilt for the DQ swap, and I ran up a dress yesterday which was tremendous fun - have a look at this blog www.sewscrumptious.blogspot.co.uk You will all wish you were there.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:14 PM
Power Poster

That's SO exciting that you are on the home stretch, Muv!!
Oh dear ... I hope you have no problem in getting the additional wadding and fabric.
What a great day it must have been yesterday ... and what a unique concept, A Sewing Cafe!!
And complete with a vintage machine, just for YOU!
Old 11-19-2012, 09:57 AM
Muv

Don't fret, QuiltE, wadding and the border material were delivered today. I will be back in action tomorrow!
Old 11-20-2012, 06:03 AM

I have been so busy It has been a very good busy. Unfortunately I am still obtaining all the needed items to make the ornament. Been busy with family and Turkey Day preparations this week so I just wanted to say HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Have a great turkey day this week. Hmmmm There is no Turkey Day in Canada.....is There?? Have a great week anyway. It really is all about the food.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:02 AM

You are correct Jenniky. Our Thanksgiving was in October. I'm sure many Canadians will still manage to slip across the border for all those great Black Friday bargains, though. So, for us, your Thanksgiving is all about the shopping.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:35 PM
Power Poster

Muv ... everytime I see you post, I keep hoping you're posting a pic of your quilt. Yes, I know, on hold til that wadding and fabric arrived yesterday. Though I am getting truly EXCITED!

Jenniky ... As W4Me mentioned, we're ahead of you, with our Turkey Day having been in October. Stores here are now trying to keep our people away from your Black Friday sales, with many offering BF specials. Happy Thanksgiving!! Hope that all goes well, and you enjoy your time with your
Old 11-21-2012, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Jenniky View Post
I have been so busy It has been a very good busy. Unfortunately I am still obtaining all the needed items to make the ornament. Been busy with family and Turkey Day preparations this week so I just wanted to say HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Have a great turkey day this week. Hmmmm There is no Turkey Day in Canada.....is There?? Have a great week anyway. It really is all about the food.
Jenniky, I have come to admire you on the QB, but I have to say that many of us do NOT believe that Thanksgiving is all about food. We would be a pathetic nation if food were all we think about on Thanksgiving. If you remember, it is a national holiday for our country to have a special day to give thanks to God for His protection and the innumerable blessings He has bestowed upon us. It breaks my heart to hear you calling it Turkey Day, and not Thanksgiving. It seems to me we all have a lot we should be thankful for on this Thanksgiving, and not saying or acting like "it really is all about the food." I hope I haven't offended you, but I felt I had to say something.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:32 AM

curious - I give thanks to God every day of my life, thankful that I am alive and in relatively good health... I have no problem calling it Turkey Day!
Old 11-22-2012, 06:29 AM
Power Poster

*blink*

Am I really reading what I just read?

FmHall ... Honestly, IMHO I feel you went a step too far in calling out Jenniky. How she chooses to celebrate is just that ... her choice! Using the common Turkey Day reference, does not take away from the meaning of the day or the celebrations.

If you have come to know Jenniky here on the QB in the way many of the rest of us have, then you already know that she is very thankful for all she deals with, has overcome and the life/lifestyle that she has. To her EVERYDAY is Thanksgiving! And too, please remember ... one of the longest standing Thanksgiving traditions has been to have a table of plenty, to celebrate the bounty and to give thanks for what has not been so good.

Jenniky ... at the least, I hope you enjoy your Turkey Day, long before you read these latest posts.
I hope you and yours had a wonderful day with many memories made!!! Bless you!!!!

Do hope that all my American friends are having the glorious autumn day today, that we are blessed with here!