Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
International Patriotic Challenge >

International Patriotic Challenge

International Patriotic Challenge

Old 06-03-2012, 04:50 PM
Power Poster

JenniKy ... They're so much more fun than doing UFOs!

YukonViv ... Awesome work!! And so nice of you to share your patterns with everyone. I used to do cross stitch and enjoyed it, but haven't since I've had some vision problems. I want to give it a try again, and this might be something good to try. Though, I don't think I will be doing it before this Canada Day!

Now, as for
W4Me, she is the Cross Stitch Queen!!!! So maybe she'd whip them up for Canada Day THIS year to coordinate with her flag project!

Last edited by QuiltE; 06-03-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:01 AM

Morning all,

I see QuiltE is back. Good to hear from you again.

fmhall2 - the totes and purse sound great. Anything goes. Even the interpretation of patriotic is rather loose around here. Whatever makes you feel proud of your country.

Muv - we are so proud of you. Congratulations on having your hard work displayed in such a "pub"lic location. Waiting impatiently for pics.

MaryKatherine - gorgeous. Are more coming for thios year? When were those ones made?

YukonViv - We'll be here when ever you and QuiltE and anyone else are ready to roll.
Thanks for the patterns.

Got most of the quilting done on Canada D'Eh but life interfered so had to do family stuff instead. Decided to use a different decorative stitch on each border strip. The first strip took 50 minutes for a less than 40 inch border and that was just light meandering, no heavy stitching! I tried to speed up the stitiching but broke the thread. Now I remember why I switched from Mettler thread to Gutermann. I noticed it as soon as I threaded my machine, the Mettler was thin and broke fairly easily. But, I was in a hurry when I bought the red so didn't shop around. Live and learn, and hopefully remember next time. (There's now a note on my bulletin board above the sewing machine.)

The decorative star stitching looks pretty darn cool, though.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:15 AM
Power Poster

Oh dear ... broken thread is not a fun thing. Stock up when you go for the Aurifil sale this weekend. You'll think it's ever so thin, yet it's still 50wt .... and strong! It'll soon be your fave over the Gutterman and Mettler. I have a stash of those and almost hate using them now. I keep trying to force myself, but they just aren't so nice in comparison to the Aurifil!

Yes, Yes, I will be here til I get it done .... or should I say started?

Inside scoop ... I believe
MaryK's are destined to your province, W4Me!!
Maybe you could see them IRL!
Old 06-04-2012, 08:39 AM

Well, my fabrics are all pulled from stash, the patterns have been blown up and printed out - both the master pattern and the reversed ones for tracing on fusible web - and the stars and leaves have been printed on Wonder Under so all I have to do is fuse that sheet to the white TOT and I can start cutting those detailed pieces tonight while watching TV. Things are moving along nicely here in soggy New England.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:11 AM

Way to go ghostrider.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Well, my fabrics are all pulled from stash, the patterns have been blown up and printed out - both the master pattern and the reversed ones for tracing on fusible web - and the stars and leaves have been printed on Wonder Under so all I have to do is fuse that sheet to the white TOT and I can start cutting those detailed pieces tonight while watching TV. Things are moving along nicely here in soggy New England.
One step closer! Ya go girl!
Old 06-04-2012, 09:44 AM
Power Poster

woohoo ... what a woman! Talk about progress, Ghostie!!!

BTW ... if you are going to call yourself New England, you have to have the weather to go with it!
We had a soggy weekend with almost 1-1/2" rain. Today is iffy, though no rain ........... yet!
Old 06-04-2012, 11:31 AM

Its so fun to start new projects Planning ... Stash Search and then Preparation for that first cut into the carefully selected fabric
Old 06-04-2012, 12:11 PM
Muv

Righty ho ladies, here it is. It looks a bit bumpy at the bottom right - it's just not hanging flat against the rough stone wall. Also a view of the cake the landlady made, and I made some biscuits for them to put on the bar, but went and got the Union Jack wrong and did the Icelandic flag by accident. Who cares - they all got eaten.
Attached Thumbnails e2rdone-049.jpg   e2rdone-053.jpg   e2rdone-057.jpg   e2rdone-058.jpg  
Old 06-04-2012, 12:15 PM

Wow! Talk about encouragement and support...you guys are Totally Awesome!