Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 46 of 54 FirstFirst ... 36 45 46 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1328

Thread: International Patriotic Challenge

You are correct Jenniky. Our Thanksgiving was in October. I'm sure many Canadians will still manage to slip across the border for all those great Black Friday bargains, though. So, for us, your Thanksgiving is all about the shopping.

Muv ... everytime I see you post, I keep hoping you're posting a pic of your quilt. Yes, I know, on hold til that wadding and fabric arrived yesterday. Though I am getting truly EXCITED!

Jenniky ... As W4Me mentioned, we're ahead of you, with our Turkey Day having been in October. Stores here are now trying to keep our people away from your Black Friday sales, with many offering BF specials. Happy Thanksgiving!! Hope that all goes well, and you enjoy your time with your
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniky View Post
    I have been so busy It has been a very good busy. Unfortunately I am still obtaining all the needed items to make the ornament. Been busy with family and Turkey Day preparations this week so I just wanted to say HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Have a great turkey day this week. Hmmmm There is no Turkey Day in Canada.....is There?? Have a great week anyway. It really is all about the food.
    Jenniky, I have come to admire you on the QB, but I have to say that many of us do NOT believe that Thanksgiving is all about food. We would be a pathetic nation if food were all we think about on Thanksgiving. If you remember, it is a national holiday for our country to have a special day to give thanks to God for His protection and the innumerable blessings He has bestowed upon us. It breaks my heart to hear you calling it Turkey Day, and not Thanksgiving. It seems to me we all have a lot we should be thankful for on this Thanksgiving, and not saying or acting like "it really is all about the food." I hope I haven't offended you, but I felt I had to say something.

curious - I give thanks to God every day of my life, thankful that I am alive and in relatively good health... I have no problem calling it Turkey Day!
    Liz / Calgary

*blink*

Am I really reading what I just read?

FmHall ... Honestly, IMHO I feel you went a step too far in calling out Jenniky. How she chooses to celebrate is just that ... her choice! Using the common Turkey Day reference, does not take away from the meaning of the day or the celebrations.

If you have come to know Jenniky here on the QB in the way many of the rest of us have, then you already know that she is very thankful for all she deals with, has overcome and the life/lifestyle that she has. To her EVERYDAY is Thanksgiving! And too, please remember ... one of the longest standing Thanksgiving traditions has been to have a table of plenty, to celebrate the bounty and to give thanks for what has not been so good.

Jenniky ... at the least, I hope you enjoy your Turkey Day, long before you read these latest posts.
    I hope you and yours had a wonderful day with many memories made!!! Bless you!!!!

Do hope that all my American friends are having the glorious autumn day today, that we are blessed with here!

Oh I didn't see this till today.
    Jenniky - {Huggs} Don't worry about it she didn't know what she was talking about.
    FmHall - The phrase is very sarcastic. It means the opposite. All the food represents how much we have been blessed & brings us together for Thanksgiving. The phrase also points out that all the shopping afterword is encroaching on our Holiday. Please think before ya post things like this.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

A safe and happy Thanksgiving to all our friends in the USA. I hope you get to spend time with those who are important to you, or at least are able to be in touch with them.

Muv
    Happy late Thanksgiving to all the ladies in the USA. I hope you all had a lovely time.

It was just Thursday here, and far from being a glorious autumn day. We are getting nothing but torrential rain with floods in many parts of the country.

Anyway, the free motion quilting has started. If you want a sneak preview of the border of THE quilt, I have put up a FMQ video today on Youtube.

Jenniky, I hope to get a good look at the your QAYG thread as soon as I have done most of this FMQ...!

Blog Entries
    Life and liberty and family and friends is what I'm thankful for and the Lord knows my heart, no offense taken FMhall; and yes Ladies I had a wonderful day of Thanks and yummy food with my family. I have been working on my Canadian Quilted Christmas Ornament. I think I have taken it apart and redone the different sections 3 or 4 times now. I have one side done; just need to get the other side right. I have been working on it in between other things. Hugs ladies you are all awesome.
    Have an awesome day!

Jenniky ... Seriously, it is you, that IS the awesome one! I thought maybe we'd lost you with all the turkey leftovers. Done and ready now for the next "big" day? If you've taken it apart so many times, it's just an omen that W4Me and myself, are being ourselves, and being obnoxiously difficult!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    Jenniky ... Seriously, it is you, that IS the awesome one! I thought maybe we'd lost you with all the turkey leftovers. Done and ready now for the next "big" day? If you've taken it apart so many times, it's just an omen that W4Me and myself, are being ourselves, and being obnoxiously difficult!!
    LOL QuiltE, tomorrow I have to cut some more two inch squares for it..I ran out of some of the colors. Trying not to over cut.. I guess I undercut the amount I needed. haha I have been so busy.. I wake up in the morning and before I know it... its time to go to bed.. and Im like.. but I didnt get as much done as I wanted to..so here I am up at midnight.. and really need to shut it all down and go to bed.

Muv, Is there a link on Youtube for the FMQ you posted?? I would love to see it.

Everyone have a great tomorrow...I will try to make sure to check in and see whats up.
    Have an awesome day!

Muv
    Hello Jenniky, Glad to hear you are well - and busy! It's the same here... suddenly it's midnight and way past my bedtime...

I think the Patriotic Challenge must be turning you Canadian. I can't wait to see what you are making with all those tiny squares. And it has to be finished by Christmas!

It's taking shape, ladies! Two more sandwiches to make (corner blocks), seven blocks with just the outline quilting done, and sixteen blocks fully quilted with all the FMQ infill.

Busy busy, and today I'm taking a trip to Gloucester to try not to spend too much money at Oakshott Fabrics' sale.

Jenniky, click on the links at the bottom and you can find my video on the Youtube channel page, or go to the blog and you will find it posted on 26th November. It's all good fun.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Muv ... OMG ... I missed that you had a sneak preview on youtube! You keep teasing us ... with pic above, youtube etc. And yes, it's working as you have me captivated with your border stripes! It's looking absolutely amazing. I'm sure The Queen will be quite pleased with her loyal subject's work!

Love the treadling background sounds in the video. Your voice-over description is wonderful and should be a great help for anyone doing treadle FMQ ... and lot of good help too, for we non-treadlers. However, I just can't imagine ... treadling, moving my hands with the fabric and at the same time talking and doing the voice over. You are indeed a lady of many talents!

Have a fund day at Oakshott ... I saw on another thread that there's a big sale. What's the next project that you'll be buying for?

Jenniky ... hope you got some sleep, and allowed yourself a wee sleep in!

And here I thought I was the only one who foolishly burns the midnight oil. The problem is, that I get that 2nd wind and then get on a roll .... and don't want to stop!

I'm a night person too. I always have been!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    Hugs ladies..just checking in.
    Have an awesome day!

Huggs Jenniky.
    Bev

Muv
    Hello Ladies.

All but two of the sandwiches are completed. Just thought you might like to see the backing fabric -William Morris briar roses. Very pretty, very English.
    Attached Images Attached Images

OH! Muv I do love that!
    Bev

Wow, beautiful fabric design Luv! Can't wait to see your finished quilt!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Muv
    Glad you like the backing Dublb and JeanieG! I've been seeing an awful lot of it over the past few days.

Progress report... Been burning the midnight oil. All 25 sandwiches are quilted, corner block has a stitched label on the back, and three panels are now joined together. And I've decided on the binding fabric.

Muv I'm gittin' a bit excited ta see it. It's gonna be beautiful.

I thought I' let you guys know that I'm a bit sad. (Actually I can't quit cryin'.) My DMIL died yesterday after a very rough battle w/pneumonia. May I be as good a MIL as she was to me.
    Bev

Muv
    Big hug Bev. Heaven was made for people who knew how to show love - she's smiling down on you. xx Muv

Good morning! I'm new to this board and just wanted to say hi!
    I had made a quilt using fabrics from Fabric Freedom and the fabrics and colors were beautiful!

Oh abbimays I'm so lookin' forward ta seein' your quilt. Hooray another quilt!
    Bev

Muv
    Three more blocks joined together today, so I now have two long panels.

Hello Abbimays, where are you? Is it a patriotic quilt?

Page 46 of 54 FirstFirst ... 36 45 46 47 ... LastLast