Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ... 40 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1330

Thread: International Patriotic Challenge

Thanks. Yes, there can be a steep learning curve with some of the blocks, like the cathedral windows one that I'm hoping to finish today. At 9 blocks, (8 for me since I combined sashiko and reverse applique) there is enough variety and new techniques to keep it interesting yet not enough to have me run away in frustration.

I'm so pleased with how the Oh Canada line of fabric is working in these blocks. I've already made inquiries to order Oh Canada 2 when it comes out larer this year.

Blog Entries
    Hello Ladies just checking in. W4Me love your new Int. Project. and Dulub your RWB Square is wonderful. QuiltE did I not scroll back far enough or is your 2013 Int. Project still on the drawing board. LOL

I visited a wonderful lil quilt shop called Connie's Quilters Hide-A-Way in Kingman, AZ . Oh how I loved it and the ladies hanging around in the shop. They made me feel right at home and before you know it we were all taking quilt blocks of course in quilters lango...lol and my brother who was with me... laughed and said I see you are right at home and left to go for a walk outside to wait for me. Haha I could of stayed there all day. Yes I came home with a nice lil bundle of new fabrics. It was so hard to decide because I had never seen any of the fabrics she had in her shop before.. So it was a real excursion. Can't wait till my next visit. Miss you guys and think about you all often. Hugs will check back again hopefully sooner and with pictures for you. None of the pieces I have finished while here are INT's so have been taking pics. But you all can be sure I'm working on something either at the machine or on paper. Hugs everyone.

Jen
    Have an awesome day!

Great to hear from you Jen, have missed all your lively chatter! Hugs!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Wavin' from W TX t'ward the west. Hey Jenni. So glad ta see ya. It sounds like ya had a great li'le FART!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Good to hear form you Jenniky.

Cathedral windows is finished and now I never have to do that again, ever. I like how it looks from a distance but it is not so neat close-up. Really like how the blocks look together.
    Name:  7 Cathedral windows.JPG
Views: 160
Size:  436.6 KB

Name:  Blocks 1-7.JPG
Views: 155
Size:  429.3 KB

Muv
    Just jumping in to say hello everyone! Hope you are all well!

Jenniky - glad to see you have found a nice shop in Arizona!

Dublb - ooh gosh, tiny work. Beautiful job. Dread to think of what I would have been muttering working on that scale.

Works4me - wonderful cathedral windows. Well worth the effort.

No patriotic projects on the go here, but I did find this in a charity shop last week. I thought of all of you and bought it. Perfect for my sewing den.

Hope you're all impressed with the screw driver in with the scissors. Sure sign of a sewing machine freak.

Happy and Glorious is the fifth line of the National Anthem. Looks jolly and cheerful with all the roses.

Love,
    Muv xx
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh my, W4M those cathedral windows are just too stunnin'!
    Muv that is a darlin' scissors caddy! (O' course ya have ta have the screw driver in there. )
    Bev

Blog Entries
    Muv love your box it is so elegant IMHO. Looks very handy and yes I'm impressed with your screwdriver. Im still using the small one that came with my machine.. LOL Need to buy me a nice one and add it my own basket.
    Have an awesome day!

(wavin') Hi Jenni!!
    Bev

W4Me ... you're really progressing well with your project! The Cathedral Windows is my pick and I like how the leaves are peaking thru ... just like seeing leaves tumbling when you look out the window in the fall!

Muv ... Wonderful caddy! Great caddy and something I would have nabbed up pretty quick. Looking at it, I can't tell whether it is old? or a reproduction? I love going thrifting ... stop into one shop today and debated whether some linens I found were vintage or modern copycats. Wished you had been with me ... and left them in the shop.

Jenniky ... so good to see you here again! Great that you found a LQS to feel at home in. Here's wishing you many more return trips. Are you starting to think of making Arizona your permanent home? REmember, there's lots of sunshine, warmth and NO snow! (you didn't remind us of that, this time!!)

No new specific patriotic projects started for me ... though I put a patriotic spin on my PC last weekend.
    Take a look at this thread ...... post #83
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...t192789-9.html

Look forward to chatting with all of you again, soon!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Muv
    Glad you all like my patriotic box. It is a cheap and cheerful souvenir left over from last year. It's got the made in India look about it. I have to control myself in charity shops, but this box is USEFUL!

Quote Originally Posted by Muv View Post
    Glad you all like my patriotic box. It is a cheap and cheerful souvenir left over from last year. It's got the made in India look about it. I have to control myself in charity shops, but this box is USEFUL!
    You think like me ... if it's coming home, is it useful? or multi-functional?
    If not, it stays.
    And for any seasonal items, how much storage problems will it create?
    If so, it stays!

Blog Entries
    Hello Ladies,

As promised here are some pictures of my current projects. The first one is a chair cover pictures at this link http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post5863455

Next here are a few pictures of one Southwestern Project and the other Traditional Fourth of July Project I'm working on.

Traditional
    Name:  DSC02378.JPG
Views: 124
Size:  270.7 KB

Southwestern
    Name:  DSC02380.JPG
Views: 137
Size:  202.4 KB
    Have an awesome day!

Blog Entries
    QuiltE - LOL I haven't been giving the sunshine beautiful day report from here because I was concerned I was making others feel gloomy about their weather. But yes it is so beautiful. My brother does not want us to leave however the kids want us to come back to Indiana. Dgs has been having fits because Memaw and Pepaw are not there. We try talking and playing with him on Skype but he wants us RIGHT THERE! he says...he is sad.

Then I must share some lovely news... DD Tracy just found out she is expecting again and now she is worried I won't be there.. LOL I told her wild horses couldn't keep me away from the birth of another grandchild. She is six weeks along so there is a while to figure out what we are going to do. ???? As of now the plan is still to return mid summer. But this place is very alluring and Im getting use to living so far from everything and enjoying the open desert around me. Have I mentioned the stars at night. It has been a long time since I could see so many so clearly.
    Have an awesome day!

ha! we can handle the beautiful sunshine daily report ... and the stars at night!
    How exciting to know you are going to be a Granny again!!! ........... and it looks like you have found your new home and life. Visits northwards can be planned and family southbound to you too!

Hey Jenni - Wait till ya hit the summer heat. You'll be runnin' back home purdy fast.
    Bev

Muv - fabulous and useful find.
    Jenniky - wonderful news, all of it.
    QuiltE - a little patriotic slipped through, I see. I'll take it.
    Me? I went on a quilt shop hop down the Oregon Coast with a friend. We only had a day for the actual hop but managed 7 stores. Mega fog in the morning but turned out to be a sunny and warm day. Serenaded at the hotel by sea lions, too. A lot of fun.
    And I still managed to finish another of the Something New blocks. There is one more block in the series after this one. We were supposed to do scallops. Of course, mine are maple leaves in the Oh Canada fabric instead. Did you expect anything else?
    Name:  9 Machine applique.JPG
Views: 205
Size:  443.9 KB

W4M that's wonderful! This is gonna be such a unique quilt. I just love it!
    Bev

Blog Entries
    Quilt E - It's another beautiful day and the sun is shining. The Canucks are playing our Blackhawks tonight in Chicago. Its the only time when I can't cheer for the Canucks. Im fearing though the Canucks will end our no losses in regulation time though. Hawks are going to have to be extra sharp and play a full 60min. of Hockey tonight. Dublb- I love the Arizona heat even at its hottest I love Arizona weather over Indiana anytime. Like QuiltE has suggested it looks like I will be doing a lot of traveling back and forth. Works4me- Your scalloped Maple leaves are great. Your quilt is going to be absolutely amazing when its finished.

Last but not least of all I need to share some more amazing news.... DD Shannon and her Fiance called last night to tell us the wonderful news. She apparently is expecting also. Can you believe both my girls are due to delivery me a grandchild at the same time.. How ever am I going to be in Texas and Indiana at the same time.. LOL Last night they were already calling dibs on me. LOL Guess I will be saving my money for lots of traveling this Fall. Im going to be one very busy woman.. .
    Have an awesome day!

Oh, Oh, OH!!! You'll be in TX & only a few hours from me!!!!! We can meet in Lubbock!!! I've want ta go on a FART in Lubbock for way too long.
    Bev

Jenny, you need to move house to half-way between the two {giggle}
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniky View Post
    Last but not least of all I need to share some more amazing news.... DD Shannon and her Fiance called last night to tell us the wonderful news. She apparently is expecting also. Can you believe both my girls are due to delivery me a grandchild at the same time.. How ever am I going to be in Texas and Indiana at the same time.. LOL Last night they were already calling dibs on me. LOL Guess I will be saving my money for lots of traveling this Fall. Im going to be one very busy woman.. .
    Liz / Calgary

Double congratulation Jenniky!

I had the day off today waiting for a new dryer to be delivered so I finished off "Something Patriotic". Well, the quilt top at least. It won't be quilted for a while as Franky is in front of it as well as a cross stitch.
    Name:  Something Patriotic.JPG
Views: 194
Size:  163.1 KB

works4me - makes me wanna jump and sing 'O Canada' !!!
    Liz / Calgary

Oh W4M it's just wonderful! I just couldn't "see" how it was goin' ta go tagether. The moose fabric just tied it tagether wonderfully!
    Bev

Thank you.

I deliberately held the moose back from the blocks because I knew he was going to figure prominently in my sashing and borders. The fussy cutting used up a lot of fabric so I better try to get some more.

The top is quite busy but ties together.

Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ... 40 49 50 51 ... LastLast