Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts >

Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts

Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts

Old 03-18-2019, 04:20 PM

Meadows is on my list to do.... Lots of applique on that one....right up my alley..
Old 03-19-2019, 02:23 AM

Default My Small World

I'm a little late to the party, so I've been reading your posts backwards. I have admired Gypsy Wife for a while but decided on My Small World as my first JK piece. I have the pattern and am gathering fabrics now, although I like to use fabrics in my stash. Does anyone have any advice to share about this particular pattern? I'm excited to get started.
Old 03-19-2019, 03:16 AM

Welcome Mkotch. It's never too late to join

Macybaby might be able to help you out. I have the pattern but didn't start yet.
Old 03-19-2019, 10:08 AM

Having a good day. Down to 1 block left. I've sewn sections 1 and 4 together. Am working on sewing section 2 together. Yahoo!! The end is in sight. Well, except for the hand appliqued borders. No rush on that.
Old 03-19-2019, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Anael View Post
Have fun OK!!
My granddaughter is 6 now, she doesn't show any signs of wanting to learn to sew. No wonder as my DDIL doesn't own a single needle let alone a sewing machine LOL.
Don't worry Anael, it often skips a generation. It did in my family. I think it's because there's often one great quilter/sewer (my Grandmother) who made everything. Then when the lapse of things began, I became interested. My only regret was that she had passed a long time ago. Wish I could have shared it with her.
Old 03-19-2019, 07:44 PM

Toverly.....I saw your GW...it's fabulous!
Old 03-19-2019, 11:20 PM

Yeahhhhh sewing! A finish!!! Well, except for the appliqué borders

Toverly, my Grandmother wasn't a sewer. I think she even didn't own a sewing machine. My mom was, she did all kind of crafts. I learned a lot from her. She never quilted though.
My boys know how to sew on a button and that's about it
My granddaughter doesn't show any interest in sewing when she's here. Time will tell
Old 03-19-2019, 11:51 PM

Have you seen Jen is starting a new BOM? Called 'Dear Jen' and is based on 6" blocks.
Here's the link to the BOM:
https://www.amitie.com.au/dear-jen.htm

I don't think I'm going to participate. But......I might change my mind once I see a finished quilt
Old 03-20-2019, 03:55 AM

Wow, I looked at the Dear Jen pattern and mostly the cost!! Beyond what I am willing to pay just for the pattern
Yes, have All of the blocks done for my GTSB quilt. But my only DGD is coming to visit with her new BF. She is our only girl grandchild out of 8! And she lives in another state. So I don't get to see her but every couple of years. She's in her first year of college. I'm cleaning house until she gets here. It will take me that long. I'm slow, hurt and get tired easily. So, lots of dusting, sweeping, and mopping ahead. I also see lots of bits of fabric that have sprouted wings. I'm hoping she wanders into my sewing room to see what Grandma has been doing and asks for the next quilt. It's her turn. Haven't made her a quilt since she was 12. So it's time.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-20-2019 at 05:39 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 03-20-2019, 05:27 AM

Good Morning, Anael asked me to post my GW in this thread. At least it's a new photo. I just had to photograph it in the sunshine. GTSB is on my to do list this next time. Although I must say GW is the only pattern I have ever made that I immediately want to make again. It was so much fun going thru my batiks and choosing colors. A friend who made a GW a few years ago told me to be prepared to have my sewing room explode. It did. I made it wider and longer. It was so easy to adapt just by adding to the strips. [ATTACH=CONFIG]610553[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails thumbnail.jpg