Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts >

Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts

Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts

Old 07-11-2018, 06:05 PM

Amazing block Teen. I love the plaid you used on the Daisy. I love the striped corners. It's an amazing color. But, daylight will be a great telling factor. And, being put with the other blocks.

Your welcome. I am enjoying seeing all your blocks.

I'm just waiting for the rest of my fabrics to come in to start my Happy Flower Quilt. I just wanted to think out the color balance a little. And, I also just wanted to finish up a couple more UFO's also. Once they are off to the quilter, I feel justified in starting a new project. I'm close.
Old 07-11-2018, 06:14 PM

Thanks, Judith... The plaid was free FQ yesterday when I bought a Row By Row kit. My eye went right to it! Lol..

So happy for you that you are almost ready to begin a new project. No doubt, your colorway will be spectacular..
Old 07-11-2018, 08:00 PM

Another lovely block, Teen. You certainly have a variety of polka dots.
Old 07-11-2018, 08:52 PM

Teen, wonderful blocks!! I think the green stripes draw the eye to the daisy, at least that's what happens here.
Such lovely fabrics you're using The flowers are too cute You must be near the end of this quilt?
Old 07-11-2018, 09:03 PM

Thank you, again, Bluebell! The FQ's you generously sent are in several of the blocks. One is the background of the most recent block. So my variety of dots multiplied with you!! Lol... So thoughtful!!

Thank you, too, Anael....This was the last block for section 1. I just need to sew that section together then I can sew the 4 sections of the top together. Yea!! I have the border fabric ready and the appliqués started...
Old 07-11-2018, 09:26 PM

Yeahhh you see I thought so

I'm drawing hexies on water soluble sheets No need to hollow them though I'm thinking about doing that anyway because the sheets are quite expensive and then I thought about when I would need all those tiny hexies......never I guess LOL

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 10-26-2018 at 02:45 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 07-11-2018, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Teen View Post
Anael...you'll notice. I changed the center from a square to a circle. . Looked funky with a square in the middle with all these dots and it was a pain so...done with it. Lol.. Tomorrow...assembling...Yahoo!!
I thought the same even though I'm not using dots. I did an oval.......like your circle so much nicer and so easy
Old 07-11-2018, 10:22 PM

I didn't realize you did an oval...I had to look at pic again. It looks great..

You can use the cut away of applique sheet for small,circles or leaves, or bird's eyes, or insect bodies......see endless...lol... Don't throw it away....I keep cut away bits and pieces in a ziplock for future projects. You never know and since it's expensive, might be a good thing to keep.

Last edited by Teen; 07-11-2018 at 10:25 PM.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:48 PM

LOL yes, there are so many projects I still want to do but appliqué wasn't on that list till the Apliquick method LOL. Now the list is endless, thanks to you.......

I've set up the Brother as my Juki is straight stitch only and that's a bit hard when I want to zigzag.....hehehe.

But first I have to run some errands and since the weather is nice (no sunshine, no rain, balmy temps) I'm having another coffee and start the ride I need some shorts for my rides. I have only black ones and those burn my patootie when it's hot
Old 07-11-2018, 10:57 PM

OK! Hot Pants! See you tomorrow (for me, anyway). I'm heading to bed....it's midnight for me... Be safe!