Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts >

Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts

Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts

Old 07-03-2018, 03:22 PM

Thank you everyone!!

Anael....beautiful churn dashes... I really love the colors and fabrics of this quilt.

Looking forward to seeing more of your blocks, Christine. I learn something from this group every day just about. Easier ways of doing stuff is always a goal for me.

I hustled on Section 3 today. Finished pinwheels, Lozenger block, double pinwheel and half done with the tulip block. Not many more to go for this section. Post pictures tomorrow...
Old 07-03-2018, 08:50 PM

Thank you ladies!!!
Old 07-03-2018, 10:50 PM

Received my new Kingwell pattern books today. Think I changed my mind and may do Happy Birds next instead of Bring Me flowers....lol... So many patterns so little time...
Old 07-03-2018, 11:09 PM

You could do them both, alternating between them. One block Birds, one block Flowers......something like that
Old 07-04-2018, 10:09 AM

I keep finding myself surfing the internet looking for Spin Drift.....and I already have too many Jen Kingwell patterns!! And of course I need Bring me Flowers too!! And there's another one which I really love too. No more computer, no more riding my bike, no more movies, just sewing, sewing and more sewing
Old 07-04-2018, 02:02 PM

Hahahaha....I know, right? Her patterns, I'm finding are so addicting because of all the possibilities in color and design. I was up late last night reading her patterns. Lol!!

I went to to a concert last night at our National Cemetary, which is about 3 miles from me. The Riverside Philharmonic performs every year in their annual Salute to Heroes concert. Fireworks, military aircraft flying over, picnicking, and our Cemetary is gorgeous with their concert arena.. (We didn't picnic on graves....lol...they have a huge concert area with a pond and stage surrounded by grass. So pretty and the music was unbelievable. Anywhoo...got home and read patterns and today I continued work on Section 3.....3 more blocks to go... I was feeling a bit patriotic today for Independence Day...the Igloo block is red white and blue with a bit of orange thrown in...lol..
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  

Last edited by Teen; 07-04-2018 at 02:10 PM.
Old 07-05-2018, 02:36 AM

LOL funny place for a concert. Our cemetaries aren't equiped for concerts! Sounds like you had a great time!

Your section 3 is going to look great!!! Did you know red, white, blue and orange are our national colours? Our flag is red, white and blue and the banderole - only used when the King has his birthday - is orange.

Jen Kingwell has more patterns than I thought.....I keep discovering more.....I really should stop surfing
Old 07-05-2018, 04:37 AM

Your second drunkards path came out great Teen. If fact, that whole section is looking great. I am enjoying seeing your new blocks done. I am getting bored working on UFO's and really want to work on something else. But, haven't pulled anything new out preferring to stick to my path of finishing UFO's. But, I need to work on something new soon! I will treat myself to a new project soon. I just really want to get 3 quilt tops ready to send out to the LA'er. I have 1 ready. 2 more to go. I have hit a snag with my next UFO and am really trying to figure out where I went wrong. It is a re-design on swap blocks I received in a swap. So, I am going to spend today figuring out how to fix my error and correcting it. I want to see some progress soon!!

And, I guess getting dressed and starting my day would be a good idea also. I am still trying to finish my first cup of coffee.
Old 07-05-2018, 04:48 AM

Teen, the concert in the cemetery sounds cool. I don't know of any here in Florida that does that. But, I do know that there are some pretty great cemeteries elsewhere. I think it's unique that they have an area that you can picnic in without disturbing the actual "resting" areas.

I think your clamshell block is turning into a favorite for me. Is that the dark fabrics your using this time black or navy? I like it thrown in. You have a great eye for color. And, your collection of polka dots is inspiring. I used to have a ton of dots but, over time, I have used them up. Oh, I still have some low volume dots for filler, but, have definitely depleted my stash of fun ones. That's okay, there are so many new fabrics out there to add in. I need to build up my stash of low volume whites with color. The next time I go to Fabric Warehouse in Lakeland, I will hopefully be able to add in a nice supply.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:35 AM

Well, I went to Fabric Warehouse today. I needed to get out of the house for a bit. Plus I had some money save up to splurge on Fabric. I found some fun 30's repro prints for my Happy Flower Quilt. (Which, I probably have all I need to make a great quilt now.) And, wait for it, lol, I found a Kimberbell Pattern Book. I love her patterns. They are so stinking cute.

These all finish at 21 to 22 inches sq. So, table topper or runner size. Depending on what you want to make. Or, even a seasonal wall hanging or quilt if you want to do a bit of sizing up or down.

This book has 12 projects in it. That will keep me busy for quite awhile. I used to be a pattern junkie and still have more then my fair share. But, now, I really do try to keep my buying down to a dull roar. I try to only buy the ones I can see myself make in the for seeable future. It's good to have a few future ones in line. But, I would get too overwhelmed with to many. Plus, I probably would have even more UFO's hanging out. But, I do check all the ones you ladies mention just in case I see something I can't live with out. lol