Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts >

Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts

Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts

Old 07-25-2018, 09:14 PM

That's fantastic, Judith! It's a gorgeous quilt and can see why it would be a favorite. It does help to stay organized, for me anyway. I've been watching the storms systems cuz my mom lives in the south...lots of rain for you guys. Be safe. It hit 111 degrees here today. At 4pm, it was still 105. Palm Springs hit 122...which is about 50 miles from me. We are dripping out here. I finished painting the guest bathroom and decided to repaint base boards in the house, too. Then, my back started to hurt so I sewed for a few hours. Still working on borders..but, also, another wall hanging....this time the duck from the same quilt pattern as the donkey WH I did for the swap. So cute. I'm going to have to break down and buy this quilt pattern. Now, I want to make the cow. Lol...Lordy..
Old 07-26-2018, 03:11 AM

Oh dear, we're having temps high in the 90s right now and not used to that! It's HOT so I can't imagine 111 degrees!!

Is everyone safe? I read about fires in California.

Teen, hopefully they didn't design a wall hanging for every animal on the planet
I'm working on a LTG block right now, slowly though. It's too hot to work hard

Great news Judith, you're better organized than I am
Old 07-26-2018, 07:59 AM

Only suppose to reach 100 degrees today. I'll have to get out a sweater. Anything up to 100, I can handle....but over, is a bit much even for me. No wild fires by me. I haven't turned TV on a few days with the DH down in San Diego helping a friend on his boat, so not sire about the rest of the state.

Painting more base boards today so probably won't get to sewing until later this afternoon. There are 12 blocks in the farm quilt, Anael. This duck is my last WH.....but, I'm still thinking about buying the pattern to do the whole quilt. Did you see the donkey WH I did for the swap?

I keep keep looking at LTG pattern and considering doing this one next...or maybe Happy Birds...
Old 07-26-2018, 08:35 AM

Yes I saw the Donkey and love it!!! I'm sure the duck will be as cute as the donkey

Happy Birds is a lovely quilt, I have the pattern as well as Happy Birds, My Small World, Bakers Dozen and Midnight at the Oasis. Oh dear, it's time temps going down as I have a lot of piecing to do. Don't start about all my UFO's !! I was tempted to purchase background fabric for one of the Jen quilts but I was a good girl, I didn't.
Anyone ever seen a Jen Kingwell with black/dark background? I haven't but it seems very interesting. I thought about doing Bakers Dozen with a very dark background.

I finished that LTG block but didn't start another block yet.
Old 07-26-2018, 09:37 AM

Our temps reached tripple digits today Not fun!!!
Old 07-26-2018, 08:20 PM

My body is so sore. Age is not being kind to me right now. I use to dance circles around doing stuff like painting etc. I have another bathroom I decided to paint, too. Smaller though, so that is good. Got lots of base boards repainted.. Yea!

Anael...let's see the completed LTB block you just finished...please please please. I finished the duck...just need to bind it.... Then back to GtSB. Going to work on that tomorrow and give my body a days rest.
Old 07-26-2018, 09:04 PM

So sorry Teen!!! It will get better! I looked around my bedroom this morning and thought it could do with some paint.....too hot
It's ok to take some rest!

I will take a picture, wait........
Attached Thumbnails starblock.jpg  
Old 07-26-2018, 09:33 PM

Oh....so pretty, Anael. These patterns, I'm finding, are great stash busters. My GTSB did make a small dent in my polka dot stash but, really, I need to make a bunch more quilts with this stuff to see a difference. Not that I'm complaining, tho... Since cutting into it, I now have a huge ziplock bag full of mini scraps....which I use for applique stuff. Feels like it's multiplying...lol..

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 10-26-2018 at 02:50 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 07-26-2018, 09:53 PM

Thank you Teen!

It looks like I still have the same amount of scraps.....I'm using some and making some more Doesn't help LOL. We could exchange our scraps or some of them.....would be fun! If only the shipping costs weren't that high
Old 07-27-2018, 01:02 AM

Working on 12 churn dash blocks, 3" finished. I never liked them and even less at that size but since I remembered owning the easy angle ruler it's a breeze 5 done, 7 to go!!