Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Merry Mayhem New Year Day Mystery >

Merry Mayhem New Year Day Mystery

Merry Mayhem New Year Day Mystery

Old 12-31-2020, 02:56 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by DebLuvsQuiltng View Post
Are the cutting instructions final or will there be more cutting as the day progresses?
It’s a mystery!

I’d love to have the bean soup recipe too!
Old 12-31-2020, 04:39 PM

Well, my mom left today so I'm a little down but have the mystery quilt to look forward to and I'm 2 weeks behind on BH so that will keep my busy. Amazingly, I was able to cut the rest out that I wasn't able to before and sew all the HST's together today after she left. Not sure how I'm feeling about the color combo so far but very excited about tomorrow and happy I was able to get caught up. I do have to go to my In-laws tomorrow for a few hours for our New Years dinner but plan on coming back and doing what I can. I can't wait to see everyone's quilts put together.
Old 12-31-2020, 05:59 PM

SBG :-) Seems likely that we will be cutting something more-- the stack of cut items doesn't really look like it could be a 52" x 60" top, does it? ....
Here's my Clue 2. I don't have enough E2 so I hope the rectangles look okay in a different brown print. I'll cut off dogears later. I prefer to do that after sewing the unit to it's neighbor.
Attached Thumbnails 2021-mm-nyd-clue-2.jpg  
Old 12-31-2020, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
I hate to wimp out on you lovely ladies, but the way my back is behaving, I don't see myself piecing hour by hour on Friday. But if I can't participate in the mayhem, I will still download the clues and stop in to see what you all are doing! I'm struggling to keep up with the leisurely pace of the BH mystery and haven't sewn my Mayhem HSTs yet.
Oh no Joe'smom! I'm so sorry to hear you're not feeling up to ths. I will miss you!
Old 12-31-2020, 06:22 PM

My sister just sent me her pictures. She never did a mystery before and she's excited about tomorrow! She didn't press the little HSTs, but other than that she's got everything ready. I'll have to say, she looks pretty organized with all her little paper notes. :-)
Attached Thumbnails resized_20201227_183640-1-.jpeg   resized_20201231_184958.jpeg  
Old 12-31-2020, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
I have a delicious recipe for ham, white bean and kale soup if you’d be interested...it calls for cannellini beans which are difficult to find at my grocery store so I get them out of the bulk bin at the .
Hi jmoore, the soup sounds great and I would love to have it. It reminds me of a recipe my mom gave me that had kale in it and it was awesome! Love me some kale. Lol.
Old 12-31-2020, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by DebLuvsQuiltng View Post
Are the cutting instructions final or will there be more cutting as the day progresses?
​​​​​​not sure but the cutting instructions in part 1 she said to "set aside for now" some sections she instructed us to cut so I wonder if that means we will end I cutting them later. They were small sections but but enough to cut further. Sneaky stuff. Lol
Old 12-31-2020, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by givio View Post
My sister just sent me her pictures. She never did a mystery before and she's excited about tomorrow! She didn't press the little HSTs, but other than that she's got everything ready. I'll have to say, she looks pretty organized with all her little paper notes. :-)
That’s wonderful, givio. I can hear the pride in your post. Her fabrics are beautiful!

My sewing area is all clean and ready, pieces laid out, sewing machine clean, fresh needle, bobbins ready and threaded. It’s go time! Woohoo!
Old 12-31-2020, 09:16 PM
Power Poster

Givio, how fun that you and your sister will be sewing the mystery together. I will be collecting clues, but can't go any further than clue 2 until I get back home. I'm at my daughter's house in Memphis, where there are tons of fireworks going off outside. It sounds like a war out there!
Old 12-31-2020, 09:26 PM

We have some fireworks here too!
Happy New Year to all the quilting buddies here! :-) May we recognize all the blessings that we have and be grateful for them.