Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Merry Mayhem New Year Day Mystery >

Merry Mayhem New Year Day Mystery

Merry Mayhem New Year Day Mystery

Old 12-31-2020, 10:59 PM

I am not ready, but will try to get caught up - at least by the weekend. All listed cutting is done and lines drawn. I switched out one fabric - a goldish marble for a lighter yellow print that I am surprised I am using. I didn't realize when I purchased it that it has small pink ribbons. As a breast cancer conqueror, I am not a fan of pink ribbons. The cutting makes me curious - four one and half inch squares? Tomorrow will tell the story.

jmoore, your soup sounds good. Have you considered posting it here or in the recipe section?
Old 01-01-2021, 04:19 AM

2 hours, 40-ish minutes and counting!

I've got everything cut, sewn, pressed, and I even trimmed my squares to make sure they're the right size (never done that before!) I've got 2 freshly loaded bobbins & all my sewing/ironing/cutting supplies laid out for if I need them, since she said to set a few pieces of fabric aside for later & I assume those will need further cutting. Other than finding my phone if there's time to take pictures of the individual steps, I'm all set.

According to the website, Part 3 will be released at 10 am EST & there will be 7 parts total. So I assume that means:

10 am: Part 3
11 am: Part 4
12 pm: Part 5
1 pm: Part 6
2 pm: Part 7

Or at least I hope so. I pulled an all-nighter since I overslept into the afternoon yesterday, so I really hope she doesn't mean 7 additional parts will be released today lol
Old 01-01-2021, 04:36 AM

Here is the soup recipe some of you were interested in...I will also post it in the recipes thread too.

https://www.cookinglight.com/recipes...hite-bean-soup

I can’t wait for the first clue today,
Old 01-01-2021, 05:40 AM

I'm ready to go - been up for a few hours and have all the HST sewn. I told DH about this, but I'm not sure if he realized it means he's responsible for all the cooking today. Not that we have anything special planned. DH does most of the meals anyway, but he's sort of use to the idea that I do anything "fancy" which includes most holidays. I'll cook up something special for him on Sunday to make up for it.
Old 01-01-2021, 06:05 AM

I almost finished all those HSTs. I still need to press and trim about a dozen of them.
then onto part 3!
Old 01-01-2021, 06:16 AM

Go Girls Go! Go Girls Go! That's my encouragement for everyone who is working on the Mystery today. I am printing them but can't get to them till the workweek starts. That's when I have the house to myself. Looking forward to seeing everyone's progress.
Old 01-01-2021, 06:27 AM

Macybaby, looks like you could be done in time to cook dinner. :-)

Part 3 is posted early, I guess, because it's up and it's 9:25 am EST.
https://merrymayhem.com/onedaymyster...eid=117fc7f440
Old 01-01-2021, 06:52 AM

Hey givio, where did you find that? I've been checking the website all morning and still can't find Clue 3
Old 01-01-2021, 07:06 AM

thought it was suppose to start at 10am eastern - I've been cutting strips for the BH mystery while waiting.

Here is my part 2, and some pictures of my sewing machines that will be getting a work out today, and my cutting/ironing station. I'm working on an embroidered quilt for DH, so I'll keep the big machine stitching while I'm busy with straight stitching on the Juki. The blocks take close to 2 hours to stitch out.

Attached Thumbnails imgp5240.jpg   imgp5245.jpg   imgp5247.jpg   imgp5246.jpg  
Old 01-01-2021, 07:12 AM

BTW- if you don't see clue 3, make sure to ReFresh! Now I'm very glad I have not precut - because I really dislike that method to make that unit! It's one I've never been able to get to work out like it should.