Newbies challenge

Old 12-19-2010, 07:17 PM

I can be considered a newbie, well, sort of. I have only been quilting for two years. I took my first quilting class in August of 2008. I was suffering from a severe depression because I lost my mom the beginning of that year. A friend took me into the quilt shop (I live in a small town and only have one). Since then, I have grown with my quilting as well as my depression has gotten better. Now I love almost every type of quilts. I love stained glass, applique, foundation paper piecing, mosaics, from wall hangings to king quilts. Here are some of the projects I have completed. I will be happy to help anyone with anything and I am also willing to try new things. The Mosaic Blue Star Banner is my own pattern that I made using the original Blue Star as a template.

Horse Throw
[ATTACH=CONFIG]145434[/ATTACH]

Fabric Mosaic Blue Star Banner
[ATTACH=CONFIG]145435[/ATTACH]

Stained glass horse
[ATTACH=CONFIG]145436[/ATTACH]

My pride and joy, Stained Glass Mermaid
[ATTACH=CONFIG]145441[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-145429.jpe   attachment-145430.jpe   attachment-145431.jpe   attachment-145436.jpe  
Old 12-19-2010, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by STAR
:lol: :lol: :lol:
ok I am reading and want to be adopted, :oops:

I have been quilting, or trying, for the last 5 yrs or so. I have yet to finish a large quilt. and have been in such a hurry I feel that my lap quilts are lacking :-( . I am new to the sewing machine as of September of '09. I have tons of stash but not as much time as I would like. So I guess the biggest help I need is on encouragement, finishing a quilt, and using my machine. I have a babylock quilters choice. I still need to learn SO many things. So if you think you can help me I would be grateful! :mrgreen:
I have only been quilting for 2 years but I have learned FMQ, Foundation Paper Piecing, stained glass, mosaics, and have even made my first Native American Wedding Ceremonial Breech clout out of wool and wedding dress out of deer hide. I don't everything but I might be able to answer any questions and I definitely can give you encouragement.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:43 PM

Thank you so much for the sites and the abbreviations much appreciated.
New quilter here
Old 12-20-2010, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Tsanchez
I can be considered a newbie, well, sort of. I have only been quilting for two years. I took my first quilting class in August of 2008. I was suffering from a severe depression because I lost my mom the beginning of that year. A friend took me into the quilt shop (I live in a small town and only have one). Since then, I have grown with my quilting as well as my depression has gotten better. Now I love almost every type of quilts. I love stained glass, applique, foundation paper piecing, mosaics, from wall hangings to king quilts. Here are some of the projects I have completed. I will be happy to help anyone with anything and I am also willing to try new things. The Mosaic Blue Star Banner is my own pattern that I made using the original Blue Star as a template.
VERY beautiful, your not a newbie any more.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:11 PM

I'm a new born "newbie" which means I haven't started yet except to read a couple of quilting bookS!! And read this BOARD and converse with a lot of really nice people. I need simple straight forward directions and I tend to do a lot of research before I actually start something. LOL I'm a night person and am very crabby in the mornings; that is unless I've stayed up all night. I work part time at home doing books for a business but other than keeping grandbabies occasionally, I have free time.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:13 PM

What beautiful work...love the stain glass!
Old 12-22-2010, 04:17 PM

Wow I have been quilting on and off longer than that but have never made anything that beautiful before. My daughter LOVES horses can you remember if the horse head was a kit and where i might buy it. Gorgeous!!!
Old 12-25-2010, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by tkhooper
Here is the link. It will take you to our group activity page. From there as you scroll down you will find out all about our members and you can contact those that you think you might like for a quilting mommy or daddy.
there's no link here tk and I want a mommy or a sis to help me ..I'm new only made 1 quilt and did pretty good tkd to all of you all :lol: I am quilting with machine and would like to learn anything bout quilting the more the merrier lol
Old 12-26-2010, 03:36 PM

Well, where are you?
Old 12-26-2010, 09:28 PM

I would love to have someone show me from step one what to do, I seem to jump around steps and then have to go back. Or I just do things the hard way, when there is a simple solution to being accurate and quicker. Dee