Newbies challenge

Old 03-07-2010, 10:20 AM

If you want me to add your link to the group page please just pm me. I'd be glad to.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:51 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tkhooper
Don't forget to take plenty of pictures for a link. We all want to watch each other learn and progress. Pictures of booboo's too.
This is so true, I posted a block that I made a while back. I made a goof on it, I showed it and how I corrected it :D This is a good way to show that we ALL make mistakes, and most can be corrected... it is all part of learning. On that block, the correction became a new design element too :D:D:D

I like the idea also of keeping the projects in separate topics. The projects would get buried and jumbled if we tried to keep them all here. I know I would get very confused as to who is working on what LOL
You can start a new topic in the Pictures section :wink:
Old 03-07-2010, 12:17 PM
Power Poster

Maybe do something like personal diaries to show our progress? Only name it different and a thread for each participant? Wonder how that would work, then we can keep all of the progress pics together under that person's name instead of trying to figure out who is talking about what project?
Old 03-07-2010, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
Maybe do something like personal diaries to show our progress? Only name it different and a thread for each participant? Wonder how that would work, then we can keep all of the progress pics together under that person's name instead of trying to figure out who is talking about what project?
i think we would have to get permission for that..the diaries have rules about posting about quilting subjects..it is a no-no.
unless the Board has another idea of how we can handle this..Kim
Old 03-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Power Poster

[quote=watterstide]
Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
i think we would have to get permission for that..the diaries have rules about posting about quilting subjects..it is a no-no.
unless the Board has another idea of how we can handle this..Kim[/quote

I don't mean in the dairies themselves. But thanks for the info, I didn't know that.
:-)
Old 03-07-2010, 12:35 PM

I would either just post them in the main area under whatever title the originator wants and then they can send me the link in a pm. I'll put it under their name on the group page. That way you can easily look up whoever's project you want to very simply.

Sort of like a diary only different.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:00 PM
Power Poster

You could start a topic, example "tkhooper and amma's PP Project" all of our pictures and comments would all be in one topic/thread. Everyone would start their own topic/thread for each of their own projects...that way they would be organized to each project started. These projects would then be posted by our names in the group activity section, as tkhooper explained.

Admin or the Moderators will be the deciding factor over whether these are kept in the Main section or moved to Pictures or Tutorials. I think deciding factor will be if the topic is in a tute format or a series of pictures as the projects are progressing, or if you are putting out a topic for general board discussion on a project.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:12 PM

Your are adopted. What do want to know!!!! Lucille A
Old 03-07-2010, 03:55 PM

Would it be possible to start a new area or sticky and within that have sub-topics, so every newbie partnership (moms and kids) can start a subtopic? That way they'd all be in the same place and people wouldn't have to weed through the Main section, because I surely won't remember everyone's name or realise which threads are by newbies and which aren't.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:12 PM

SewCrafty I need a mommy. I love applique and hand stitching(hope to do hand quilting) Are you available?