Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-fabric-moratorium-t209802.html)

Emma S 06-27-2013 05:08 PM

I really like that Labyrinth pattern. There was a site that said they were going to offer it so I signed up to be notified when it was available. What colors do you think you will use?

irishrose 06-27-2013 05:43 PM

Stonehenge flecks in cream, green and rust. It's all bagged together - I'm not sure what else is in there. I have a pretty rust with handpainted flowers, but it's only a yard so I doubt if it can go in this quilt. The pattern is available in several catalogs, but I'd rather not pay shipping. Right now I'm taking a break from FMQ a UFO. First and last time to try pebbles. I don't like backtracking so I can start the next circle. Takes away the 'free motion' feeling.

Foxflower 06-27-2013 07:43 PM

Good ideas for sticking to the plan irishrose. Stay strong!

nancia 06-27-2013 10:41 PM

mad quilter-- pm me your address and i'll send you some black kona. suddenly i deem to have enough to share!
my turning twenty is becoming 25. most of it is on the design wall and it just needs to be wider.

nancia 06-27-2013 10:45 PM

hey, irish! you are one of the strongest willed people i know, so if you say you aren't going to buy any fabric, i believe it!! you can do this!! ( not taking any money is good, too). i'm thinking i might wear gloves to the store next time i go. sight is bad enough, but touch really sinks my resolve!!!

MadQuilter 06-28-2013 08:09 AM

Thanks for the offer nancia, but it's too late for me. I went with all good intentions but I had coupons and you all know how that goes. BUT I only bought for binding and in manageable quantity. (Wiping brow with relief)

omacookie 06-28-2013 08:14 AM

I have not bought fabric in over a year except for 2 FQ.... Am happily playing in my stash. Really happy and completing UFO'S. Hugs and happy quilting

nancia 06-28-2013 08:25 AM

madquilter-- i had a chance at rehab, and now that's gone. lol. i am evidently considered an enabler. imagine that! lol. we all have to do the best we can with what gifts we are born with! my gift is making up plausible excuses. i learned it from my son. 8-)

oksewglad 06-28-2013 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by omacookie (Post 6148525)
I have not bought fabric in over a year except for 2 FQ.... Am happily playing in my stash. Really happy and completing UFO'S. Hugs and happy quilting

That is fantastic. Although I have cut buying down considerably I haven't gotten to this level of success.

mrshalibut 06-29-2013 05:32 AM

I'm just reading this for the first time, and noticed in the rules that it's OK to buy fabric for backing. I wanted to share what I've started doing: I always have big pieces of fabric left over from each project that I sew together and use for the back. Sometimes it's just three fabrics in big sections (like a regular back would be sewn anyway) but sometimes I like to piece a few more. Sometimes I use fabric I bought for the quilt top, but ended up not liking it so I "get rid of it" on the back. If I use up scraps from the top, I figure in the future it COULD be used to repair a spot on the front. I've really been enjoying using up more fabric this way. I hope this is helpful for someone.