Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2014 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2014-ufo-challenge-month-t237730.html)

NanaAC 03-01-2014 03:53 PM

Thanks Sue and nana. :) The border was kind of an accident. I was going to make it with just the dark blue(that was the only fabric I had on hand that "fit"), but ran short a bit, so I improvised. ;) Something I really enjoyed with this quilt was the challenge of using just what I had to make it. No new fabric was purchased at all.
From wildyard

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.
Now isn't that the truth! lol

bcross 03-01-2014 06:04 PM

I finished my 2 UFOs designated for Feb, a Turning Twenty and a Carpenter's Star. Both were queen size. For March
I want to finish a queen size Merry Go Round with Prairie Points and a baby quilt.

Emma S 03-02-2014 06:09 AM

Wildyard: What a great idea. Maybe I'll just send all my UFO's to faraway places and just promise to visit them. Really impressed by everyone's finishes. I have been madly quilting but unfortunately not on UFO's. The long months of winter are always my most productive.

givio 03-02-2014 05:58 PM

MadQuilter, I was scrolling through the posts and saw your Pretty in Pink baby girl quilt without the side borders. Veeeery nice. I think it could be planned that way-- it looks great! The pattern looks sort of Amish-y (even though it's prints). I'm going to save it in my idea folder. Thanks!

tlambing 03-02-2014 10:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally finished my last Christmas UFO! A long table runner promised to my cousin.

QltrSue 03-03-2014 04:07 AM

tlambing- What a cute runner! Nice fabric variety and love the tie accents. Must feel good to have it done!

bcross- good for you for your two finishes!! Wow, queen sized! I'm impressed. The older I get, seems the smaller my quilts get!:)

Emma- sometimes a person just must follow a muse, regardless what the head says should be done! Sounds like you are making good progress!

michelleoc 03-03-2014 08:39 AM

tlambing. That runner is so cute!!

tlambing 03-03-2014 08:46 AM

Thanks for the compliments. I had seen a tiny doll quilt made similarly at the LQS. Kept the idea in my head and fashioned this runner with it in mind. It was fun! I even used my new machine to make an embroidered label, so I got to learn something new.

MadQuilter 03-03-2014 11:49 AM

Teresa, that looks great. I love the ribbons.

Podunk Princess 03-03-2014 05:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally finished my "February" UFO (a few days late)....it's only a flimsy at this point but it's better than an incomplete top (I guess). I started this kaleidoscope quilt more than two years ago after attending a quilting club class on how to do them. The well-meaning member who was teaching the pattern messed up on some of the cutting measurements she gave us so I got discouraged trying to figure out how to square it up to finish piecing it together and left it sit undone for way too long. I'm pleased with it now and anxious to get the quilting done and start using it. Now on to my March UFO(s).