Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2014 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2014-ufo-challenge-month-t237730.html)

Emma S 03-03-2014 05:10 PM

Rita: What a great kaleidoscope! I would not have considered such an understated fabric but its just amazing. Did you piece the border or was that what the whole cloth looked like?

MadQuilter 03-03-2014 05:16 PM

Great job on your OBW, Princess.

Podunk Princess 03-03-2014 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Emma S (Post 6607571)
Rita: What a great kaleidoscope! I would not have considered such an understated fabric but its just amazing. Did you piece the border or was that what the whole cloth looked like?

Thanks.......the border is the fabric I started with to make the quilt.

SandyinZ4 03-03-2014 07:44 PM

Teresa, Nice to have a Christmas gift all done and she will have it now in plenty of time for next season.Are the ribbons on the packages separately attached? Podunk Princess..I like your OBW but am also admiring what looks like a re-purposed card catalog chest. Do you use it to store FQ's?

tlambing 03-03-2014 08:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by SandyinZ4 (Post 6607802)
Teresa, Nice to have a Christmas gift all done and she will have it now in plenty of time for next season.Are the ribbons on the packages separately attached? Podunk Princess..I like your OBW but am also admiring what looks like a re-purposed card catalog chest. Do you use it to store FQ's?

The cross part on the packages is pieced Sandy and the top ribbon/ bow is fused appliqué. I put a button where the tied knot should be. It turned out really cute.

Podunk Princess 03-03-2014 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by SandyinZ4 (Post 6607802)

Thank you so much. My card catalog was a wonderful antique store find several years ago and I absolutely love it. I store several things in all those drawers but none of them are FQ's (yet). The top portion is DMC embroidery threads (love to do counted cross stitch and one can never have enough colors to work with); the second section holds the majority of my sewing and quilting thread (except for the large cones); and the bottom section is for all of my ribbon and trim.

QltrSue 03-04-2014 03:58 AM

PPrincess-Your Kaleidiscope turned out great! I love the original fabric and how it worked up in the blocks. Nice finish!

nena 03-04-2014 06:50 PM

Feb. Finish

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my UFO finish for Feb.
Ok, for some reason the quilt did not show up . This is the back quilting.

nena 03-04-2014 07:56 PM

Picture I hope

1 Attachment(s)
This is the front of the quilt. Sorry for all the trouble.

tlambing 03-04-2014 08:26 PM

Very pretty Nena. I love the doves.