Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2014 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2014-ufo-challenge-month-t237730.html)

Emma S 03-05-2014 06:23 AM

Nena: Really like the way you outlined the focus fabric. Great finish!

oksewglad 03-05-2014 08:05 AM

I love how "comforting" your quilt appears, Nena.

Podunk Princess 03-05-2014 08:27 AM

Nena, your quilt is beautiful......love the doves on the front and the back!

MadQuilter 03-07-2014 02:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I agree with everyone, Nena. Great way to showcase a special fabric.

From me: Two charity quilts finished! Both of them are girly I SPY DP9s.

QltrSue 03-07-2014 04:59 PM

Nena: Such a lovely quilt--nicely coordinated fabrics in an effective setting. And beautiful quilting!

Madquilter: Fun quilts! I started trying to find pairs of blocks in each one! Great finishes.

Fraew 03-07-2014 06:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Toot toot, beep beep! I finished something!!

Crabapples, a Bonnie Hunter patter. Quilted by Charisma.

NanaAC 03-07-2014 07:46 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Fraew, those trees look great! All that piecing in the border looks wonderful and must have taken quite a bit of patience!

I got tired of searching for the camera and decided to buy myself an early birthday present, so here are some pics of my latest finish.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]466176[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]466177[/ATTACH]

michelleoc 03-08-2014 11:34 AM

Wow! A lot of busy people this month. Everyone's quilts are just wonderful.

nanna-up-north 03-09-2014 07:42 AM

Oh, my goodness!! I am way behind.... the OBW that I'm working on is kicking my butt!! But, I'm digressing.... gotta catch up here.

Tlambing- Your Christmas table runner is so creative..... bows and buttons. It looks like a fun table ahead.

Podunk Princess- Kaleidoscope quilts look so difficult.... I mean, the OBW gets sewn in straight lines but how do you get all those funky triangles to fit? You did a superb job.

Nena- Love the doves. It is so attractive when you can see the pattern on the back so clearly. Lovely quilt.

Madquilter- Haven't we been busy? Two.... really? Are you trying to show us up? Just teasing... nice job. Getting 2 done is quite an accomplishment. And, I don't know that I've seen a DP9s before... very interesting.

Fraew- WoW! I have a tree of life quilt on my 'to do' list but haven't started it yet. Yours is truly wonderful.... love it. And I know it was a labor of love.... all those tiny squares. That's time consuming. Nice job..... no, fantastic job.

NanaAC- How cute it that? Owls on the backing.... adorable. Some lucky little one is going to have a nice warm cuddle quilt, right? Again, very nice job.

Okay, now I can go back to working on that OBW. I pledge to get it done this week. Okay, now that I've said it, you all have to keep me on target. Great finishes, everyone.

Fraew 03-09-2014 08:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you for the kind words for Crabapples. I completed it as a "leader and ender" project while working on something else so it was completely painless. In fact, it was pieced in 2 months, all while I worked on my main project!

And believe or not, I finished this last night: Nine patches and snow balls using 2.5" squares from SheriR's candy swaps.

I think I deserve to start 5 more projects...with no intention of completing them in the near future, but alas...