Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2014 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2014-ufo-challenge-month-t237730.html)

localgirl1 06-12-2014 03:17 AM

3 Attachment(s)
my latest ufos, working on 3rd pic ufo. got about 4 more ufo after this ^_^

carriem 06-12-2014 03:45 AM

Lots of finishes the last couple days. Great job everyone!!

coopah 06-12-2014 04:29 AM

Nena, I haven't seen a bow tie done that way...creative and vive' la difference! Michelleoc, that Dog Daze is just the cutest and the flannel backing on the ears...wonderful! Localgirl1, nice bright colors. All these finishes are inspiring! I have to get the sewing room done, and get back to stitching.

nena 06-12-2014 06:31 PM

Love the dogs!! so cute, The other one is nice too. Localgirl1, Love the bright colors in your quilts. Everyone is doing a great job on getting caught up on UFO's. So glad this thread was started.

nanna-up-north 06-13-2014 03:40 AM

Goodie, goodie..... more quilts to oogle over!!

Michelle, Your Dog Daze is such a happy quilt... love it. My guys would love it, too. We have floppy eared dogs... that quilt would fit in quite well at this house. And the Quilting America quilt is very eye catching. Putting the focus point off center makes it very interesting and the red squares just pop off the top. Great job. It doesn't look so fast to me but I'll take your word for it.

Localgirl1, you are speeding right along aren't you? 3 quilts finished... WoW is all I can say. Every one is really cute.... perfect to brighten up a drab room.... or any room for that matter. Keep up the good work.

Seeing all the UFOs getting done makes me wish I had brought up my last UFO to work on this summer. But, I have enough to keep me busy with the 3 great nephew quilts I'm trying to get finished. Is it okay for me to post them here when I'm done? They have been on my 'to-do' list for quite a while. So, they were UFOs in my mind. hee hee... I'm working hard, really.

jwardknits 06-15-2014 05:26 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I have completed three more quilts. Granted two of them are baby quilts but this gets me down to five left to go. I am so excited to be getting caught up on these UFO's.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]479263[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]479264[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]479265[/ATTACH]

nanna-up-north 06-16-2014 04:38 AM

Yeah!! 3 more quilts, Jwardknits.... doing the happy dance for you. They are super nice... love those polka dots on the baby quilts. Don't apologize for the baby quilts being small. They still require tons of work..... they count. And yours are super cute. Your larger quilt is great, too. I love your border with the offset squares. How did you get them to line up perfectly right to the corners. I'd have a problem with that.

wildyard 06-16-2014 08:27 AM

Jwardknits I would also love to know the trick to your offset squares border. Would you be interested in teaching us how to do it? I think it makes all the difference in making your strip quilt a real stand out!! Awesome job on all your quilts but this one is really special!!

nena 06-19-2014 06:33 AM

Jwardknits, love you quilts. Also would like to know about the border.

judy363905 06-19-2014 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by nena (Post 6764928)
Jwardknits, love you quilts. Also would like to know about the border.

Put me on the list of would like to know how to made this border :). Your quilts are beautiful.

Judy in Phx, AZ