Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2015 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2015-fabric-moratorium-t259073.html)

AUQuilter 01-18-2015 05:04 AM

So far I haven't purchased a thing this year... 18 days in! I was on a few websites and even put two items in the shopping cart. Thought about it - delete! Finishing up a wild and crazy sampler this week with piano key borders. Thank goodness I have a stash as I ended up sashing the blocks with black from the stash instead of sewing the blocks together like the pattern instructed. Keep the stash moving everyone!

Lori S 01-19-2015 10:04 AM

I too came close and got a few items in an on - line shopping cart . Then very quickly emptied the cart , and said "what do you think you are doing" to myself. WHEW ... it was close , but still holding firm.

PaperPrincess 01-19-2015 11:48 AM

I had a reprieve. My girlfriend couldn't come out for our mini shop hop. Instead, my DH & I went to 3 thrift stores. I bypassed the fabric & bedding aisle. I feel so smug! I might make it thru the whole month!

calla 01-19-2015 03:56 PM

nice selection sewred...................Rhonda I like your thinking too.........I am still yes still dilly-dalling in my sewing room..............purchased additional tubs to aid with organizing..................dah.............I have also decided that I select my "print" key at "free" sites................way to often...........we can see the ground here in Michigan after this warm weekend, well 40's..............later.................calla

sunrise450 01-20-2015 07:35 AM

I purchased a class from Craftsy yesterday. Is that on the "no no" list? I think I am going into withdrawal!

joe'smom 01-20-2015 10:15 AM

I am going to join in following this thread. I haven't been quilting long, and don't have much of a stash (in comparison to the legendary stashes I've read about here), and would actually like to have a bigger one, but I have absolutely run out of space to store fabric (our house is small, and bursting at the seams). So I'd better focus on using what I have before I buy more!

oksewglad 01-20-2015 10:59 AM

Welcome joe'smom. "Nip it, nip it in the bud!":D ....the key is to stay away from temptations, ie LQS, on line fabric sources, yard sales, thrift shops...where ever there is fabric.... just "Nip it, nip it in the bud!":D

SandyinZ4 01-20-2015 08:08 PM

Sunrise...classes don't count so you can always buy those. It's always good to find more ways to use up our stash.Welcome joe'smom.

MadQuilter 01-20-2015 10:01 PM

Classes are good, sunrise - I mean we have to help the economy somehow. As long as you don't buy kits or new fabric just to do the class.

Joe'smom - my very first class was a sampler class, only I hadn't read that it was a scrap sampler. Silly me, didn't own a single scrap. Well, THAT problem was soon solved. Unfortunately I went on a "oh I love that - give me a yard" "Oh I really love that - give me 5 yards" buying spree that lasted a few years. I wish someone had told me to nip it in the bud. Stash has a tendency to grow without much effort.

oksewglad 01-21-2015 08:37 AM

Oh I so understand, MadQ...same here--now to use it up..