Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2015 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2015-fabric-moratorium-t259073.html)

beaqltr 02-03-2015 09:23 PM

Pretty quilt. I like the pattern and colors.

beaqltr 02-03-2015 09:26 PM

What brand of flannel do you use? I only have a little because what I have seen locally is flimsy.

deedum 02-04-2015 05:00 AM

I would love to join you! I have declared to use up a lot of what I have stashed. It is a bit overwhelming and I can't find anything it seems without digging. So this year I haven't bought any material this year so far, so this would be perfect. My only exception is when I travel to Paducah for the big shoe this year. I do that for my birthday as my gift to me.

AUQuilter 02-04-2015 11:47 AM

Was doing great until I went to an online site where they had 3 fabrics I needed to finish up a quilt! But I checked out with a fourth fabric- 108" wide just because .... Now to cut more of existing fabric to finish up current project!

Lilrain 02-04-2015 03:06 PM

I am doing this, and glad I am not alone in having a stash to pull from. My finances changed drastically, and need to stick to this

Gramie bj 02-04-2015 09:03 PM

So far so good. No new fabric buys, and finished 2 UFO in January. Almost done with another top UFO Just need to hit my stash for cream sashing, than the LA. Already have backing picked out.

kristakz 02-05-2015 10:36 AM

So far so good. Another small fabric purchase (1/2 yard for a border) and one 6" strip of fabric, but that doesn't count because it's to extend the backing on a customer quilt (1/4" too short on her backing :( ). And I managed to walk out of the store 3 times this week with nothing extra in my hands. Now if only I could finish something with all this fabric I have. I did start pairing up tops with backing fabric, all out of my stash. 10 down, 12 to go.

MadQuilter 02-05-2015 05:40 PM

Deedum, there is no way I could go to Paducah and not bring home goodies. I hope you will share the experience of the big show so I can live vicariously through you.

Nice going everyone. I have been sewing little fruit baskets wondering why I always pick such labor-intensive patterns when I'm in a hurry to get the project done.

SandyinZ4 02-05-2015 07:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Everyone is doing really well. Martina, please share a picture of little fruit baskets. What are they and for what use? Sound like they are hard to make. I am sharing the picture of the blacks I purchased from a QB member. I won't get started on my red/white and black quilt until later this year but will have all I need to make it. I couldn't resist the b/w stripe one. I took a class last year and the tip was to use b/w in the colorful quilts to make them pop. This will be perfect for sashings that are thin.

Sophie2 02-06-2015 04:18 AM

I hit one quilt shop yesterday and only bought 12 fq's. I needed some to add to the Double Wedding Ring I am working on. In order to get a better price on the fq's, I bought 4 to make placemats. I am going to go to two more shops today but do not plan on buying anything major. Want to go to one to see their remodel since I was in last and the other shop I have a machine class today. May buy some items for embroidery. I did the 2014 Fabric Moratorium, but didn't do very well. This year I am really thinking about the purchase before I make it. I do need to hit Joann's today with a coupon for a roll of batting. Enjoy reading everyone's posts and seeing their pictures.