Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2015 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2015-fabric-moratorium-t259073.html)

Rhonda Lee 02-06-2015 05:58 AM

I made it thru January without buying fabric!!! Wow that feels good!!

bezzie1958 02-06-2015 06:42 AM

I have been bad i bought 3 yeards of fabric to go with 1 i had to make a baby quilt and diaper bag

Lori S 02-06-2015 04:25 PM

I came close today.... put several beautiful fabrics in an on line cart. I then went to my stash and refolded a stack that was a mess...... urge to buy gone... but it was too close.

lots2do 02-06-2015 05:01 PM

No fabric or yarn purchases to speak of yet...also no sewing or quilting :(. But still some knitting so at least I'm using one type of stash.

judy363905 02-06-2015 07:31 PM

Only purchase in January was 2 yards of fabric I ran out of to complete Eleanor Burns Hole in the Wall quilt I just a few minutes ago finished the binding. Can you see the big smile on my face...:) first compete for 2015

Judy in Phx, AZ

SandyinZ4 02-06-2015 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by judy363905 (Post 7080364)
Only purchase in January was 2 yards of fabric I ran out of to complete Eleanor Burns Hole in the Wall quilt I just a few minutes ago finished the binding. Can you see the big smile on my face...:) first compete for 2015

Judy in Phx, AZ

Judy...please share pictures. I have never heard of that quilt by Eleanor. Kudos on the finish!

Elisabrat 02-07-2015 06:28 AM

oh dear I can pass on batiks! I love them gorgeous fabrics but trying to sew with them is a whole nother story for me. it just doesn't work. puckering, fabric is always puckered. so I gave up on them. glad to share any I get with those who do love them however. nothing like sharing the wealth :)

hope that things continue on a positive move forward here. love seeing completed blocks, rows, then .. quilts! yahoo! get those things out of the to do box and into a finished product. the darned hardest part is.. there are so many new things I need to try before its too late :) lol. and I mean there is always something new to try. always. bad bad bad quilter I know. 3 more to finish up then my ufos are done. but oh 3 new quilt tops in the process too.. bad girl.

Mariposa 02-07-2015 07:08 AM

I've bought a few solids that I needed, and have finished at least 3 ufo's. Continuing on to finish more! Hopefully I can find backings in my stash....probably do pieced ones. :)

sunrise450 02-07-2015 09:16 AM

I think I am doing very well with this! I am working on the #8 train ride and using all scraps! I didn't think I could do it. Will post a picture of it when it is finished. I am in two swaps that I will continue with. One is a block a month and hope I can dig into my stash for what I need. The other is Boom #14. That seems to be coming along fine. I am learning so much from both these swaps.
I was tempted this morning by a online shop that is closing. I went to the site to take a look and promptly closed it out and deleted the message.
I'm getting a cramp in my arm trying to pat myself on the back! Ha! Ha! Ha!

MadQuilter 02-07-2015 11:30 AM

ELisabrat, I find that I have to use a sharp needle - possibly even a size smaller than normal to sew with batiks. I also spritz them with Best Press and iron them helps. The Dresden Bloom I mentioned is done using all batiks for the blooms. I love working with them.