Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2015 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2015-fabric-moratorium-t259073.html)

linmid 01-03-2015 09:13 AM

I, linmid, do hereby swear that I will shop from my stash for all projects that I start from now until Black Friday and I do expect you Gals to give me a good talking to if I stray. Ready set go. Thank you Paperprincess for starting this.

SingerSewer 01-03-2015 09:28 AM

I would like to join in. I have way too much fabric...notions, thread, embroidery stuff and the list goes on and on. In a couple of years I would like to downsize so using up some of my valuable stash would not only be fun but also with a purpose.

Thank you

Nammie to 7 01-03-2015 09:34 AM

I'm in -- after I buy 5 yards of fabric that I've been contemplating for about 4 months. It will round out the colors so I can continue to use my stash. Only purchased 7 yards of fabric last year but used much, much more from my stash. This year I'm going to keep track of the fabric purchased and used.

QuiltnNan 01-03-2015 10:39 AM

I Really! need to join this... so I'm in!

MadQuilter 01-03-2015 11:17 AM

Barb in LA, going to Festival falls under the "you get a pass" category.

Marti1943 01-03-2015 11:18 AM

I am in! So proud of myself. We to fabric store with guild member and bought no fabric!!! I am going to use Accuquilt go to cut fabric for a log cabin quilt. By using stash the quilt will be scrappy. Light and dark, but scrappy.

Marti1943 01-03-2015 11:20 AM

I know exactly what you are saying. I live in a small town too. I have to travel 11/2 to 2 hours to get to large fabric store.

Sophie2 01-03-2015 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Marti1943 (Post 7032111)
I know exactly what you are saying. I live in a small town too. I have to travel 11/2 to 2 hours to get to large fabric store.

I am also in a small town with the 1 1/2 to 2 hours to get to a quilt shop. Sometimes I think it is a good thing - don't spend as much money. Downfall is, when I do get to a quilt shop sometimes it is hard to not buy. Hopefully I will be strong this year!

PaperPrincess 01-03-2015 01:40 PM

Wow! Looks like everyone is off to a great start. My January goal is to get all my fabric organized, (because I can't use it if I don't know I have it), go thru my quilting books and get rid of some, and take the tree down :-) (don't laugh, one year it was up until valentine's day)

sewred 01-03-2015 02:09 PM

I hope I can join you all here? I've not done this but need to desperately. I want to use only stash and use it for gifts instead of buying gifts every year. I'm always afraid that the gift recipients won't want " just a homemade gift"? Have you ever been there? I am always talking myself out of it though I want to do this so bad! Also I have a lot of polyester knit that was gifted to me from a friend who is cleaning out her stuff. I also have some scraps of sheepskin wool that I want to make into something am thinking hard about what. It is super soft! My husband's an upholsterer and I get lots of scraps and leftovers which I love!