Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2015 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2015-fabric-moratorium-t259073.html)

hoprigmom 04-13-2015 10:38 PM

A successful weekend has past and I didn't gain any fabric. I was going to visit my girlfriend and go on the local shop hop, but she got called in to work. So I didn't go shop hopping alone and got lots of spring cleaning done (about 10 more pounds of dog fur removed). It is so nice to have warmer weather. I went to the dentist Monday morning and didn't even stop in the quilt shop a block away. I told my son I just might have to stop in there next week while he goes to his appointment. I also spotted a new consignment shop a half block away.

On Saturday, I did stop in a thrift store after I picked up prescriptions. I found a new large flannel night gown. I wanted the flannel to make a new ironing board cover for when I spray starch and press fabric. I cover my heat resistant cover with a washable cover. Then I just toss it in the washer. I try to recycle cotton fabric for this. No good cotton men's shirts this trip to recycle into quilts.

tkhooper 04-14-2015 10:19 AM

Love the quilts.

Today I bought 3 fat quarters for the card trick block on the 2015 BOM. Then I bought mid green and dk purple thread for the pear mini-art quilt for my explorers group. The mini-art quilt is all stash that was bought knowing that this series of quilts would all be in the color theme Main Color with many colors. So I'm good with that.

So I figure I'm all in line for everything that is going on now with the quilting.

sewred 04-14-2015 10:26 AM

The only fabric purchase I made was replacing a 1/2 yd cut that I messed up on a swap project on another site.

Rhonda Lee 04-14-2015 08:46 PM

Staying strong. I'm seeing a lot of that here.

happylab 04-15-2015 05:34 AM

I didn't go on my shop hop. :( So good news I didn't spend any money on fabric.:) I did sign up for the mystery quilt class from quilt university. I barely got into it before I realized I need to print out copies before I go much further.

Thinking of mystery quilting. Aboutquilting.com is starting a new mystery. FYI. I love mysteries.

oksewglad 04-15-2015 07:18 AM

I have to make a list for the shop hop my QB and I are going on Friday....must stay strong....but looking forward to the road trip with my QBuddy.

Emma S 04-15-2015 04:06 PM

OK: You tempt the fates. If I shop I buy, hope the same isn't true for you. Regardless have fun!

SandyinZ4 04-15-2015 04:47 PM

I think everyone here is doing so well. I finished the backing for my TATW quilt today and glory be...I made it all with leftovers from the front and yardage from my stash. I have to admit the back looks 'almost' as good as the front. Now it goes off to quilter but won't be back for a while as she is backlogged. Stay strong if you can! And if not...whatever you buy WILL get used up...eventually! :-)

Rhonda Lee 04-15-2015 05:24 PM

Emma, me too!! That's why I don't go shopping just to look. It's never enough for me to just look. Also I've been deleting fabric related emails before I open them.

With what I just said, I am going to a Quilt show in May in Salt Lake City. There will be a lot of long arms to experiment with; I am looking at long arms; the price on them stagger me! I think I'll just take some cash with me to buy a little bit of something while I'm there and leave the credit cards home.

Sandy, congrates on your finish and use of your stash. Way to go!

Emma S 04-16-2015 05:24 AM

Sandy: Problem is I don't "sew fast enough". I've gone past the would have to live to be a hundred and I'm working on the thousand year mark.
Rhonda: I think we should consider quilt shows exceptions, just like vacations. After all, they don't happen that often. The LDS church has such a long tradition of quilting, do they do anything special at the Salt Lake QS?