Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2015 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2015-fabric-moratorium-t259073.html)

Altairss 08-19-2015 07:23 PM

Been good only getting little bits here and there to fill out projects. Weirdly I realized today when putting together a baby quilt that I just did not have enough variation in some of my colors went thru my stash five times and finally conceded that I needed to go shopping and I was irritated about it lol. Whats up with that! first time I did not want to go get new fabric!

earthwalker 08-20-2015 04:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
After visiting new grandson (Felix) and giving him a quilt (made from stash). I had to stop at Textile Traders for supplies (more thread for Felix's other quilt, 2 metres of white homespun, 2 metres of fleece and 2 metres of fusible). Managed not to get distracted by the sale table and didn't rummage in the remnant bin and stuck to my list. The fleece and white homespun will be added to stash flannel and towelling to make Felix's Mum (our DIL) some nursing pads. I made a couple of prototypes and she picked the one that worked best for her. Can't sew anything else 'til the belt for my Singer 15 arrives (hopefully Monday). I made a denim ticker tape quilt for Felix incorporating jeans from his Mum and Dad and various other family members. Our DIL loved it (fortunately she likes quirky!). The back and binding are a sweet blue, grey and yellow duck print and a denim heart for a label.

Emma S 08-20-2015 04:56 AM

Love hearing about everyone's projects. It tells so much about our daily lives. Earthwalker: Love that quilt. The important people are the mom and the baby. If they like it, that's all that matters.

tkhooper 08-20-2015 05:13 AM

Love the jean quilt. Headed for JoAnn's with my coupons tomorrow. Need a grey for a black and white starflower pattern I'm doing. Going to use it for sashing and inner boarder. Then a mustard for another starflower. The black and white is for the community group and the mustard and blue is for me. Hope I'm not getting ahead of myself.

oksewglad 08-20-2015 05:19 AM

Thanks for sharing the ticker tape quilt, earthwalker. What a great idea.

elly66 08-20-2015 06:23 AM

Wonderful quilt earthwalker! Lovely thought with parents jeans.
Altraiss - I'm currently making a baby quilt that I ran through all my blue fabric and didn't want to go buy anymore blue. After all I have a stash for this purpose. Honestly too much stash. Ran through my small cuts even. The upside is I went through them all and organized by color. The downside is I still couldn't find a matching blue for four blocks so off to Joann's I went for 3/4 yard.
Tk - I see your dreaming of the JoAnn's coupons as I am. 60% off I'll find something to buy! Hopefully I'll stay strong and away from the fabric.

calla 08-20-2015 03:11 PM

Martina, thanks for the # and I do remember now, it is a wonderful sampler so many different skills required.
The jean quilt looks so cozy, nice job...............
I too went to JA with coupons............needles & a new marking pencil. Didn't purchase textiles exactly, well 2 felt rectangles for a Halloween project...........I think I paid $0.49 each............later all.............calla

Emma S 08-21-2015 03:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Planning on going to JA today. If the price is right, I am going to get the backing for the quilt pictured. Usually use fabric from my stash for the back of my quilts. In this case it is a present for my son and daughter in law. Their townhouse is extremely contemporary and elegant so want to go with the print fabric from the front.

oksewglad 08-21-2015 06:44 AM

You're excused, Emma....has to look right for a special quilt....lovely purple color

elly66 08-21-2015 08:00 AM

Beautiful quilt Emma. Just love those colors together. They are sure to love it as well. Thanks for sharing with us and have fun at JoAnns!