Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2016 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2016-ufo-challenge-month-t273926.html)

QuilterMomma 05-06-2016 02:19 PM

I certainly was not part of that tally in April. I finished things, but none of them were mine. Oh bother. Maybe this month I get to have some finishes.

letawellman 05-06-2016 05:37 PM

Janice, I just wanted to add my "thank you!" For being our wonderful engineer on this train!

zozee 05-06-2016 06:22 PM

Yes, thank you, Janice. Counting is not difficult, but you have to sift through a lot of words to find the count sometimes, right?

Is there anything we could do to make your job easier, like start our post with "1 UFO done" or "3 UFOs off the list" before writing a novelette that includes all our excuses, trials, tribulations, ups, downs and so forth?

Janice McC 05-08-2016 04:59 AM

Honestly, the best thing to do is make sure that "UFO finish" is prominently displayed. It's pretty easy for me to find those with pictures. But sometimes those finishes that don't have pictures may be overlooked. I always read the posts but I don't tally daily. I do that once a week or so and going back and rereading, I've caught myself skimming a little too quickly and that's how I've missed finishes.

Originally Posted by zozee (Post 7542845)
Yes, thank you, Janice. Counting is not difficult, but you have to sift through a lot of words to find the count sometimes, right?

Is there anything we could do to make your job easier, like start our post with "1 UFO done" or "3 UFOs off the list" before writing a novelette that includes all our excuses, trials, tribulations, ups, downs and so forth?

joe'smom 05-08-2016 06:11 AM

Adding my 'Toot' for our great engineer -- thank you, Janice! I had almost finished the UFO I was quilting -- just had two more borders to do, but am sidelined with back trouble. I am still hoping it will be a May finish.

rryder 05-08-2016 10:04 AM

Lisa, having had back problems for many years I feel your pain. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Rob

Fraew 05-09-2016 11:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mini flimsy completed February '15. Mini UFO completed 05.09.16. One more off the list. Yay!

elly66 05-10-2016 05:39 AM

Very pretty Fraew. Love the quilting.

joe'smom 05-10-2016 06:08 AM

That's charming, Fraew. The quilting looks great.

wildyard 05-10-2016 06:51 AM

I have almost finished my list of comfort quilts then get to spend time on UFO's again. The wedding quilt was finished last night and the comfort quilt for the 8 yr. old boy starts today. Nothing to count for this thread yet.
hugs and smiles to all of you who are doing such a great job finishing UFO's and to our engineer extraordinaire for keeping out train on the tracks and keeping that whistle blowing!!!