Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2017 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2017-ufo-challenge-month-t284858.html)

happylab 05-08-2017 05:51 PM

QM and Jaba your UFO finishes are great. Love the bibs and the purple quilts.

I may have a UFO finish for June, a tee shirt quilt. At least it will be out of my UFO pile. I had it for over 2 years. I'll be glad when it is done and out of the house. I decided doing tee shirts quilts are not my cup of tea.

I'm also working on 2 small wall hangings UFOs for next month. Just have to find them again.

JuanitaBean 05-08-2017 06:38 PM

Great quilt, bibs, booties.QM

rryder 05-09-2017 05:08 AM

Leta-what Quiltermomma said....life happens, we're all rooting for you no matter how many UFOs you get done.

QM-- cool quilt, the bibs and booties are a great addition! Now I'm going to go back to squirreling around (thanks for that new to me phrase) LOL

Rob

cherrybsixty 05-09-2017 05:18 AM

It is so good to be able to be back with you ladies, long story short my computer IP would not match with the Board. Now, that I have all that computer tangled mess all straighten out. I can get back on the train again. I felt like someone kicked me 0ff the train or I got Off at the wrong stop. I do have a couple finishes that I would like to share with you ladies. They were finished in March but since I stopped at the wrong stop I couldn't share that I had these little lovelies finished. So, we will just count them as May finishes. Once again I will have my DGD transfer the pix and back on the train I shall be. I do have some finishes that I am working on for June and this summer I will be home here in the 'wheatland' and I can get something done beside just hand sewing. I'm off to the Center for my day with the Quilting Ladies, I'll get caught up with them and then I will try to get a little something done on my UFO's. You ladies have a good sew day.

While I couldn't post on the site, I was able to lurk and I did see some very lovely finishes, congratulations to all that was able to empty up their UFO piles. Great job ladies, a lot went on while I was at the wrong stop.

QuilterMomma 05-09-2017 12:26 PM

Glad you are safe though Cherrybsixty. Sometimes can be a little spooky standing and waiting for the correct train to pull up again.

QuilterMomma 05-09-2017 12:28 PM

You are so welcome Rob. I picked it up from the movie "UP". Such a cute movie. Now for me to get fiesty like the old guy against the car dealership that will not fix my daughter's car correctly. Poor thing, has owned it for six months and has had issues since the beginning. Been in there four times and only replaced parts and sent her on her way with the same issue still there. Not once have they even contacted the warranty company saying there is a problem. Well, I got ahold of the Attorney General as well on this matter. They have messed with the wrong daughter, momma claws have come out.

Janice McC 05-09-2017 01:10 PM

I'm so happy to see these two Boom UFOs done! They're both beautiful, Jaba. Congratulations and toot, toot!

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 7819334)
I finished these UFO's from the Boom 17 swaps. I wasn't ignoring all of you, we've been in Florida for the winter and got back to Wyoming about a month ago. Lots of projects to finish but this is a start.[ATTACH=CONFIG]572707[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]572708[/ATTACH]

Janice McC 05-09-2017 01:13 PM

If it were only that easy! :)

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7819544)
Do I get to count a UFO finish since I have one block in one of Jaba's beautiful quilts???? lol lol lol Just kidding, but they are lovely Jaba.

Janice McC 05-09-2017 01:17 PM

Darling finishes! Is the quilt the only UFO? I'm reading it that way. Toot, toot and congratulations. :)

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 7819990)
Isnt that the truth Rob. That is how mine get going, I loose interest, come up to something not sure how to do, and then a bright new shiny project comes to view. This is what I call the "Squirrel Syndrome".

Here is the baby quilt finished with the other baby items I made for the couple. Glad to see this UFO done. Now you can see how cute it was. [ATTACH=CONFIG]572763[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]572764[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]572765[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]572766[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]572767[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]572768[/ATTACH]I just think the bibs and booties were fun to make. I am going to make more bibs to have as easy baby gifts. Using up the scrap minkie fabric from the backings of quilts I have made.

cherrybsixty 05-09-2017 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 7820850)
Glad you are safe though Cherrybsixty. Sometimes can be a little spooky standing and waiting for the correct train to pull up again.

Yeah QuilterMomma, it was getting a little lonely out there, tried to stay motivated but, I couldn't overcome not matching up to the write train. I hope you get that mechanic on the right track. Happy Mother's Day to everyone.