Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2017 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2017-ufo-challenge-month-t284858.html)

Grinch 05-09-2017 04:33 PM

Wow, QM, that baby is so very lucky!!! Lovely work!

Grinch 05-09-2017 04:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have a finish for May. I started these placemats for summer last year and ran out of fabric for the back of two. So they got put aside and never finished. I dug through my stash last month, found some fabrics that would work, and stitched them up. Then I sewed on the binding last week.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]572830[/ATTACH]

I should have another finish for this month. Just need a little time to finish stitching the binding on that one.

anne2016 05-09-2017 05:48 PM

Great placemats. Congrats on the finish.

Kassaundra 05-09-2017 08:06 PM

Grinch those placemats look bright and happy

JuanitaBean 05-09-2017 09:28 PM

Like your placemats Grinch

letawellman 05-10-2017 04:24 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 7820049)
Leta, you let no one down. Life does happen and remember, this is to help us finish things, not an obligation. No worries. Come put my garden in.

the bibs were fun to do. Love my embroidery machine.

Thank you, QM! I needed that affirmation!

My LA guild meets this weekend, and I will be taking a UFO Lone Star (in Carolina Panthers colors - black,silver, teal and white) for what we call "throw down". That is, it gets spread out for everyone to see and give ideas on the quilting patterns.
I'm going to try to attach a pic of the design that I'm thinking about using for the big, open corners of the Lone Star. I used Lisa Calle's method of "Divide and Design" to come up with this design. Is this too fussy? It will be on black fabric, and I'm thinking of using black silk thread.

rryder 05-10-2017 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by letawellman (Post 7821288)
Thank you, QM! I needed that affirmation!

My LA guild meets this weekend, and I will be taking a UFO Lone Star (in Carolina Panthers colors - black,silver, teal and white) for what we call "throw down". That is, it gets spread out for everyone to see and give ideas on the quilting patterns.
I'm going to try to attach a pic of the design that I'm thinking about using for the big, open corners of the Lone Star. I used Lisa Calle's method of "Divide and Design" to come up with this design. Is this too fussy? It will be on black fabric, and I'm thinking of using black silk thread.

Leta, I think that looks great, not too fussy in my book. If you have enough fabric you could do a quilted sample- 1 corner would be enough, then lay it over the quilt to see how it looks to you.

Rob

joe'smom 05-10-2017 05:37 AM

QuilterMomma, thanks for posting photos of the baby gifts. They must have been thrilled with them!

Those are so pretty, Grinch!

cherrybsixty 05-10-2017 07:01 AM

Good morning fellow quilters, and a 'happy mother's day,' this weekend.

Grinch (#1052), love those very summery placemats, maybe it was meant to wait for the right follow up.

Leta (#1056), love that plan for that quilting design, if we're taking a vote mine is for that one.

Happy sew day guys and dolls

Janice McC 05-10-2017 07:40 AM

Progress report for me on my UFO. I've finally gotten my extra blocks done and QAYG quilting has begun. (Pic a few pages back.). I'm pretty slow compared to some but I hope to have them quilted in the next week. Fingers crossed.