Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2017 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2017-ufo-challenge-month-t284858.html)

joe'smom 06-28-2017 08:25 AM

Wonderful finishes and stories to go with them, anne2016 and Sophie2!

anne2016 06-28-2017 10:01 AM

Belfrybat....Congrats on the 2 finishes! I really like the string quilt. Lovelybackground color and the string blocks look great.

Sync 06-28-2017 11:31 AM

Belfrybat, nice finishes.

rryder 06-28-2017 01:09 PM

Nice finishes Belfrybat!

That faux piped binding you described sounds like it might be similar to the flange binding that I've seen mentioned on the board. I need to see a tutorial to really understand how it works, but I have to say if it allows you to complete the entire binding by machine rather than having to do all that hand sewing I'm all for it. LOL

Rob

Mariposa 06-29-2017 06:35 AM

BFB ~ Lovely finishes! :)

joe'smom 06-29-2017 07:39 AM

Congratulations on two pretty finishes, Belfrybat! The string blocks really pop on that background.

Janice McC 06-29-2017 07:42 AM

Toot, toot Belfrybat on the two UFO finishes! I really like the setting of the first quilt. Nice work. Congratulations. :)

Originally Posted by Belfrybat (Post 7853274)
Here are two more finishes. The first is made of swap blocks I participated in early last year. The second is my very first string quilt made when I first started quilting 6 years ago. I packed it away and had forgotten it. The first is a gift to someone on another board, the strings is a charity quilt.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]575438[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]575439[/ATTACH]

happylab 06-29-2017 01:59 PM

I really like all of the finishes this last week.

I'm beginning to believe my RWB and snowman table runner will be finished early next month. I'm really working on completing my log cabin and Bonnie hunter mystery quilt tops first. I finally have all 80 blocks made and know how I want the quilt laid out. Yes, I had not a clue what pattern layout I wanted when I started this project over a year ago. During this weekend I plan to complete all 4 projects during the VQA which starts tomorrow.

MadQuilter 06-29-2017 02:07 PM

You are all doing so great. I am recovering from the summer crud which has zapped all of my energy. Recently I gave up on the dosing cup for cough syrup. I just chug it out of the bottle. lol It is getting better - slowly - but the energy is still low. Hoping to get some sewing time over the long weekend.

cherrybsixty 06-29-2017 03:15 PM

I've been lurking around here not saying anything just enjoying everyone's finishes for the month. And they are great, every last one of them. All of them are so pretty. I just had to come alive when 'happylab,' mention the VQW and I am looking forward to it also. All my visitors are back home now and the apartment is all clean. So I can do whatever I want to do. I have one that I am hand quilting. It may be considered a UFO and the Craftsy pattern that I was fussing so about to work on. I just might work out a backing for another UFO. Once again everybody your June finishes were pretty.