Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2017 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2017-ufo-challenge-month-t284858.html)

cherrybsixty 07-30-2017 02:21 AM

Rob, once again you were able to produce a beautiful work of art, awesome.

Anne2016, thanks for your kind words, this the only thread on the board that I am active with, oh I'm sorry beside the VWQ that occurs once a month. In fact, I completed this piece during July's VWQ. Really can't wait until August's workout. Though a couple my sewing machine are not that anxious.

Have a good day fellow UFO'ers

ube quilting 07-30-2017 04:19 AM

I'm so far behind on my projects it took me seven months to find this thread.:D Will subscribe and get incentive from everyone.

ube quilting 07-30-2017 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by rryder (Post 7874645)
Well, I was beginning to think I wasn't going to get a finish for July, but I finally managed to get this one finished. It has been hanging around for well over a year because I just wasn't happy with it. Finally I decided to just quilt the layers together so I could remove the safety pins. That was last week. Then I decided I still didn't like it. So I decided to crop it. After cutting it into a number of different pieces I didn't like any of them. So I decided to sew them back together, but not like they were when it was whole. Then I decided it needed some thread scribbling-- don't know if that showed up on the photo. Anyway, after letting it sit all day yesterday and today, I have decided it is done. :D It's approximately 31" x 42"

Rob

Rob, I took a look at your album and like what you do. Your new black piece would make a lovely one of a kind, original evening clutch. I hope this isn't a distasteful idea but it is a beautiful piece and that is how I see it. Good work.

elly66 07-30-2017 07:21 AM

WOW Rob that is great! Kind of hypnotic too. Think i"ll just sit and stare a little longer.:)

Sync 07-30-2017 02:56 PM

Rob, that's a very unique piece, congrats on finishing it.

SandyinZ4 07-30-2017 05:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I did not fall off the face of the earth but did finish my UFO from start to finish about 17 months! But I finished the label in mid July so this will add one more to the count for this month. Tomorrow I take it to enter in the County Fair. The original pattern called for it to be a square quilt and I do NOT like square quilts. Beds are not square. So I had to do adapting. I made my first center and did not like it so went with yo-yo's instead and like it much better. I put the first attempt at a center, which was the wrong size anyhow..on the back. Will add the pictures here so you can see front and back. Hope to get back to QB more when winter arrives.

anne2016 07-31-2017 02:33 AM

Hi SandyinZ4. Your quilt is beautiful. Great idea to put first center version on the back. It may have taken 17 months to finish but was worth it. Hope you win a ribbon at the fair.

QuiltnNan 07-31-2017 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by wildyard (Post 7868930)
Well, I have a non-quilt UFO finish to post. I wanted to be working on my quilt, but health issues are keeping me from it so I'm here online instead. :( I actually thought I had already posted this finish but searched and can't find it. It's a wall hanging I made for my granddaughter from her collection of karate belts she earned before moving her attention and focus to dancing. I wove them into a badge-shaped wall hanging and I'm very pleased with it.

what a clever idea! and they are already quilted :)

QuiltnNan 07-31-2017 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by Glojean48 (Post 7859781)
Just finished quilting this wallhanging - still may put buttons in various places on the trellis.

very pretty... love the trellis

QuiltnNan 07-31-2017 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 7861852)
Finished another UFO that's been hanging. It was pieced but needed to be quilted and bound. I also got this little wall hanging done so it could hang in my sewing room. [ATTACH=CONFIG]576301[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]576302[/ATTACH]

nice finish, truth on the WH