Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2017 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2017-ufo-challenge-month-t284858.html)

wildyard 04-28-2017 07:29 AM

Got the top of my UFO finished and today I am pinning layers. Hurry hurry hurry!

Janice McC 04-28-2017 08:53 AM

I've got my small quilt all done except for the binding. Getting close!

And QM, I get the nostalgia thing with the plant but it really is ok to let it go. So many other things in life to have guilt over. Compassion and kindness for yourself, too.

QuilterMomma 04-28-2017 09:26 AM

I had left the plants on the counter, as I said, and daughter put them out on the front sidewalk. They did not freeze last night. Maybe the can stay out for the summer and then in fall they will just die with all the other flowers. I must note, that my dining room, where they were, is so much brighter now with them not crowding out the window.

wildyard 04-28-2017 09:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
As I studied and studied over the backing for this quilt, I finally realized that I can't put the backing on it because I don't know who is going to receive it at this time. Therefore, I declare this UFO finished. There is nothing more I can do with it now. In the future, when a recipient is chosen, I will then be able to back and label it. For now, it is done and no longer a UFO.
This was made from blocks that were gifted to me by someone who made the string blocks and sewed them into a top and didn't like it. They then cut it apart at the seems into HST blocks which I was given.
After a lot of time in a baggie, then more time on the wall being moved into various patterns... this is the one I chose.

oksewglad 04-28-2017 09:49 AM

A double UFO, Linda...theirs and yours...now onto the finish line... I'm playing farmer today...have bookwork to do now that computer is home....

rryder 04-28-2017 11:22 AM

I like the layout you chose Linda. Good job!

Kassaundra 04-28-2017 01:28 PM

I got closer on a UFO today, my En Provence. I had not touched it in several months (I know not a very old UFO, I've got much older) Anyway I got the main body finished now it just needs borders and a binding and it is done (I QAYG) so the main body is pieced, assembled and backed.

Those finishes are great ladies, I love stripe play!!! (Janice is aware as BOOM mistress, lol lol lol)

wildyard 04-28-2017 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by rryder (Post 7813407)
I like the layout you chose Linda. Good job!

Thanks Rob, I had a lot of fun playing with those blocks for layout.

jaba 04-28-2017 02:12 PM

I've been absentee for the last 7 months but have been looking in to see all the beautiful finishes. Back in Wyoming now until the 1st of October and have some finished but need to take pics. Will do that this weekend and post. Think I need a larger house in Florida so I can set up another long arm machine and setup:)

anne2016 04-28-2017 02:12 PM

Linda, that's a great layout. The quilt has wonderful movement. I can see different designs depending on what I focus on. When I focus on the lights and greens, the on-point squares look like lighted windows; focusing on the oranges, I see a chevron pattern. Great work.