Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2017 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2017-ufo-challenge-month-t284858.html)

Glojean48 11-05-2017 07:09 PM

Another UFO finish!

1 Attachment(s)
I started this little quilt early last year, thinking I'd get a jump start on what I donate to Friends of Alaska CASA silent quilt auction in November - finished it just a few days ago, just over a week before the deadline.:-) I hand-embroidered the little bird and machine-quilted the borders. A November finish, Janice.

Rose_P 11-05-2017 08:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks to all who mentioned my quilt and made me feel welcome here!

I'm pretty sure I have only finished two of my UFO's this year, but finished a few quilts that were started this year, at least not adding to the UFO pile. I'm hoping to get one more UFO done before the end of the year.

I found I did have a picture of this little I-spy quilt that I started in April of 2012 and finished in April of 2017. I gave it to a grand nephew, who was born last fall. His twin sister got another quilt that had been in the UFO bin for some time, but it was finally finished a couple of years ago and kept in case anyone had a girl. I think this is about 42" square, all sewn on the machine. No excuse for it not getting done sooner, but it was kind of nice having something partly ready when I needed a baby gift.

Rose_P 11-05-2017 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 (Post 7938006)
Rose: Your quilt is very pretty! I took a screenshot of your embroidery because I have only added some small designs and I like your bigger ones.

Connie

Connie, Thanks. The larger designs I used were from www.embroideryonline.com . The leaf design in the striped border is the biggest one in this quilt. It was only about 5", but I enlarged it on my machine to 6" in order to make the repeats fit the length of the border. That website has quite a few designs for quilting. I used a 50 wt cotton thread specifically recommended for machine embroidery.

Rose_P 11-05-2017 09:34 PM

Glojean, The little bird quilt is adorable! It's sure to do very well in the auction.

Kassaundra 11-06-2017 04:29 AM

Rose what fun fabric for your I spy, I like that the I spy items are bigger.

Kassaundra 11-06-2017 04:30 AM

Glojean, I love the embroider work you did on your finish.

anne2016 11-06-2017 04:46 AM

Glojean....your wall hanging is adorable! Hope it brings lots of $$$.

Rose..nice finish. Tilted blocks for an I spy quilt...good idea. I am going to add it to my 'baby quilt patterns' folder.

QuilterMomma 11-06-2017 02:17 PM

Lovely RoseP

QuilterMomma 11-06-2017 02:18 PM

How adorable GloJean

jaba 11-06-2017 05:24 PM

Nice finishes ladies, love the wonky layout and what a precious little birdie.