Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2017 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2017-ufo-challenge-month-t284858.html)

cherrybsixty 01-22-2017 05:23 AM

Good morning Quilters from Mid America, may it be a bless one for you. See every time I don't tone in for a day great things (finishes) happens. Congratulation to you all that was able to do that. I made a day of playing in my stash and of course found another UFO, I started to re-think some things. I hate it when I do that.

Wildyard, I crown you Queen of Save, now how bless is that.

CarolinePaj, nice finish and some small one will be happy with you.

I think that I will head to church today, since the weather would not permit it last week. Then I will return home and play in this mess that I have. This is where being an 'empty nester' is a good thing. Happy Sewing

joe'smom 01-22-2017 06:39 AM

I love those bright colors, CarolineP, and congratulations on ticking off January!

elly66 01-22-2017 07:23 AM

So many of you have been so busy with UFOs. Congrats on your finishes - they are wonderful.

Dragonfly Nana 01-22-2017 07:41 AM

CarolinPaj - what an adorable quilt. I know the little one will love it.

suzanprincess 01-22-2017 08:31 AM

Having waded through 7 pages of interesting comments and projects, I'm climbing aboard for my first virtual train ride, in hopes of gaining the motivation to finish some of my neglected UFOs--including my first pieced quilt, which is only lacking the turkey-tracks tying I want to do on it--gotta find that doll needle I bought just for that. And there's the lap quilt I started for my proudly Irish brother-in-law Patrick's birthday 'cuz I acquired some Irish-themed fabrics, uh, three years ago? Add more other UFOs than I have stopped to count, so thanks for the inspiration/motivation by way of this thread!

All2Pieces 01-22-2017 08:45 AM

suzanprincess - Welcome aboard! This train is certainly motivational. Look forward to seeing your finished projects.

wildyard - Congratulations on your planning and budgeting skills. $300 worth of fabric for $54 is a steal.

caroline - Great finishes. As Janice says, Toot Toot!
Thanks, everyone, for the encouragement.

MadQuilter 01-22-2017 11:09 AM

What a happy quilt, Caroline. Time to stop reading what everyone else is doing and get some sewing done.

wildyard 01-22-2017 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by joe'smom (Post 7746852)
I love those bright colors, CarolineP, and congratulations on ticking off January!

LOL, I don't know about the rest of you, but where I come from here in the Tug Hill of New York, we are very careful NOT to "tick off January" or any other months closely related to winter. Heehee, just had to share that giggle that your comment gave me.

Grinch 01-22-2017 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by All2Pieces (Post 7746093)
Here's a finish for me - a dresser topper or table runner for autumn. It measures 23 x 36 inches. It hasn't been sitting around too long, only about 6 months or so, but it's been long enough! I had planned to finish it early September but things happened and it languished... (So much nicer than saying I procrastinated too long LOL ) The back is a solid gold cotton, nothing special, but I quilted it using variegated thread. Charlie Brown is one of my favorite cartoon characters. The rest of the fabric, including the backing, was from my stash.

All2Pieces, that is adorable! I love the fun Charlie Brown fabric and the way you pulled together the colors.

Grinch 01-22-2017 06:03 PM

Great job, Caroline! I love the bright colors - perfect for a little one. I am impressed you are on track for the year. I have a baby quilt I have to finish before I start on the UFOs. The little one is due on the 29th, so I am trying to focus on getting his quilt finished.