Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2018 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2018-ufo-challenge-month-t293707.html)

QuilterMomma 01-29-2018 10:36 AM

Wow, nice tops Krista.

I have not gotten any UFOs done yet this week. Hoping so. I did get almost all of my Hummingbird swap blocks done and the blocks sewn for On Ringo Lake. This week's goal: Get one UFO done, finish top for ORL, and swap blocks done. This all with taxes to finish up to get off to accountant. No tv time for me. Now, will the foot hold out or will I have to behave, that is the question. LOL

kristakz 01-29-2018 02:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I have a January finish!! When Judy drew this month's number over at Patchwork Times, I cringed, because it was my biggest/hardest UFO. But it is DONE! And that's a nice way to start off the year, I must admit.

This is my labyrinth quilt, designed by me in 2012, made in 2013 once I finally found fabric I liked for it. And now, finally, quilted in 2017. The backing is pieced from my stash. Not my favourite backing, but who sees that anyway? The top portion of the backing was picked to look interesting if I fold the top of the quilt back - but I kind of like the bottom edge too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]588050[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]588051[/ATTACH]

Anoka Quilter 01-29-2018 02:30 PM

Sunrise450, I too have UFO potholders. When I found those I was really wondering how a potholder becomes a UFO. They aren't big enough to be UFO's. But guess even the potholder wanted its place i the UFO stack.

oksewglad 01-29-2018 03:01 PM

Yeah, way to go, Krista!:thumbup:

Sync 01-29-2018 03:12 PM

Krista, congrats on the finish.

D.Henson 01-29-2018 07:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Krista, beautiful finish!

My last finish for January is this donation quilt. :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]588067[/ATTACH]

Teen 01-29-2018 08:05 PM

Way to go, D Henson & Krista! Beautiful finishes!

Anoka Quilter 01-30-2018 08:08 AM

Krista, that is beautiful. So are you going to publish your pattern. If you do please let me know. I think I will tackle one of these for my Grandson, who is 13, for Christmas. His Mom keeps telling me that Grandma should make a quilt for his bed. I think this is something that a 13 year old boy would really like.

Congrats on the finish D.Henson.

Making progress on mine, and it will be done before the end of the month. Only 1 more side of binding to sew down.

topper1 01-30-2018 08:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My ufo.....siggy blocks given to me...fun to finish.....tribute to lady who owned them..she passed away.....

Krisb 01-30-2018 09:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Krista, what a busy bee you have been. They are are very nice, but I love the purple/olive green—and I despise olive green.

It has been very busy around our house. We got new windows two weeks ago, the new siding came last Friday. And then....the HVAC quit working. They came Saturday to fix it, and told us the ductwork was bad. Actually collapsed. Then it poured rain the next day. So the poor guys came yesterday. They moved the outdoor unit to a location better to run the ductwork, replaced all the ductwork, found a possum skeleton under the trailer...and hit a pipe, which then broke. The poor workmen! They tried to fix it until after 9 pm, but gave up, capped the pipe, and are coming back this afternoon.

Now the siding is going on, and our neighbors across the street are demolishing their trailer and getting a new one. We are a very popular location for guys to hang around and watch other people work. Got my Alletierre spray basted this am, and am just contemplating what quilting design to use....and watchi g other people work. LOL

My second finish for January. Thus is a “summer quilt”. Should have been done earlier, but it took a long time to bind. Much “unsewing” because I kept going throught to the front. May be lesson learned about spray basting a quilt that has no batting. This quilt started as my version of on Ringo Lake, but it underwent metamorphosis.