Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2018 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2018-ufo-challenge-month-t293707.html)

rryder 01-26-2018 11:19 AM

Nice coasters Dedemac- those mini HSTs are amazing--congratulations on finishing!

Rob

Anoka Quilter 01-26-2018 01:22 PM

One step closer to finishing that 13 year old UFO. Got the binding sewn on last night. Not just to hand sew it down an it will be done. Have some customer quilts to do this weekend and company coming for dinner Saturday night, but I am hoping to squeak out some time and get the binding down. It will be so great to have this UFO completed, it is long overdue.

topper1 01-26-2018 05:00 PM

I'm in

Think I will join ..have one I just finished..siggy blocks another person gave me...will post.....I'm excited to be included....

petthefabric 01-26-2018 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by happylab (Post 7990437)
Working on Zozee suggestion. We will have a February challenge. Thinking out loud. We have 28 days in February. How about 35 completed UFO's for this month? An average of 1 a day plus 7. We can do this. I have a few just screaming for me to finish them. So come on show us work in progress and finished UFO's.

I like this idea. Will try to contribute 2.

Teen 01-26-2018 06:31 PM

I'll contribute to February challenge....I will probably have 2 finished...the only 2 I have. I joined this challenge to avoid UFO's...lol! Then I stumbled on mini's and that's all she wrote, folks. I have my 3rd mini block all cut out and pieced layout. Gonna sew it up tomorrow and sandwich my patriotic quilt. Still no word from quilter on panel (UFO) quilt. Went to movies today and sat down to reconcile accounts and pay bills so only sewed for about an hour.

JJBlaine 01-26-2018 07:11 PM

Argh! I feel like I am not going finish my scrappy Irish chain quilt by the end of the month! I had hoped to get the backing pieced and get it basted tonight. Instead, I have to add two more rows to the front, and I unintentionally created another UFO to boot!

My mother saw it, and asked if I might give it to her BFF of almost 50 years. How could I say no? But the nautical panels I had already started stitching together just aren't very feminine, so I rummaged thru my UFO's again, and found an on-point Ohio Stars Quilt that I think she will like. If I add two more rows to my Irish Chain, it will work perfectly.

So instead of basting tonight, I will be joining Ohio Stars and piecing more Irish Chain blocks. :/

Pearl40 01-27-2018 12:53 AM

Just the binding to sew on my first UFO of the year. I pieced the top very quickly, made the binding and then put it away for five years. Today could be the day.

sunrise450 01-27-2018 07:49 AM

I like the idea of a finish in February. Does it matter what size it is? I have UFO's as small as pot holders up to a full sized quilt. I am in the process of making a full sized quilt but have so many table runners, mug rugs, those darn pot holders. Also does completing a knitting project or crocheting project count?

Teen 01-27-2018 01:25 PM

Pearl40.... You go girl! I'm cheering you on!

sunrise450... I say...Yes...they should all count as UFO's, regardless of the craft. Your pretties are just laying around going unadmired. If they get checked marked off your list, you win!

D.Henson 01-27-2018 02:21 PM

Dedemac: Cute little coasters. They sure do come in handy around the house.