Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2018 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2018-ufo-challenge-month-t293707.html)

Ann Bertorelli 02-07-2018 09:22 AM

Ok--My two guilds are each doing a UFO challenge for 2018 so I might as well join this one too. Just shifting over my list from 2017...not sure of the number. If I count I may get faint;) But I'm in!

QuilterMomma 02-07-2018 10:22 AM

Ann, just don't count, have fun doing and keep mind on what needs done instead of those little rabbit trails full of beautiful fabrics and patterns. LOL

QuilterMomma 02-07-2018 10:22 AM

OUCH! Trudi. That had to hurt. It amazes me how we can get hurt quilting. Who knew. I had one of those titanium needles burst and have flakes stuck in my iris. Be careful, we need our eyes.

rryder 02-07-2018 11:20 AM

Wow, Trudi-It scared me just reading about your quilting accident--glad to hear no major damage was done! And congratulations on finishing your UFO!

Hoping to get a UFO sandwiched today so I can start quilting on it tomorrow...

Rob

Teen 02-07-2018 06:28 PM

It's official. I've lost my mind. I just started another project (Sylvia's Bridal Sampler) so I have 4 WIP going. This is WAY out of my comfort zone. I'm likely to self-combust. Seriously... I gotta focus...deep breath...in, out, in, out. When does a WIP become a UFO? You all know how I feel about UFO's. I cannot function with UFO's. UFO's have no place in my life. Focus, Teen. OK...thanks for listening.

rryder 02-08-2018 04:59 AM

Teen, I had to laugh at your WIP situation...I always have at least 4 WIPs in addition to UFOs... it’s your call when they become UFOs. For some folks it’s when they haven’t been worked on for a year or more for others it may be longer or shorter. I have always put my UFOs in plastic scrapbook envelopes which stand up in a cardboard box under a table in my studio and those were always my “official” UFOs- most stay there for a year or more before they get finished. I also have a few long term UFOs that are so well stored (hidden might be a better word) that I tend to forget about them unless I run across them while reorganizing my studio. So I thought my system was working pretty well until I discovered some WIPs that had gotten buried under other more current WIPs....who knows what to call those, they've gone for months without any work on them because I didn”t see them in the chaos- maybe they’re now UFOs due to the hiatus....:D

Rob

petthefabric 02-08-2018 12:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Krisb (Post 7998243)
petthefabeic, just keep slogging. Love your user name. I am also counting. Just two more trips around the black border and attach the binding, and Alletierre is ready for hand sewing.

Success! Finished the quilting. Now the binding....on the KING size quilt!!!!!! Pctured is the back so the quilting would show.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]588626[/ATTACH]

oksewglad 02-08-2018 12:42 PM

Lovely job, pettf!

Teen 02-08-2018 05:45 PM

Picked up my patriotic raffle quilt from quilter today so I'm going to bind tomorrow. Need to sandwich for completed top and take to quilter next week. Worked on Sylvia blocks today....Mystery clue coming out on Saturday. Rocky is sitting by my machine with an expression that says.."Hey babe?..I'd appreciate all my body parts...think you can do that?"

petthefabric 02-08-2018 08:43 PM

Keepin' pluggin' along. The binding is on the front and ready for the back stitching. It's been a very long time since I've done one this large. Sure is a lot of weight to throw around.