Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2018 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2018-ufo-challenge-month-t293707.html)

happylab 02-04-2018 10:04 AM

FYI, homespun had a mystery quilt today for Super Bowl Sunday. It’s free. If nothing else collect the steps. There’s another one I noted,but at this minute can’t remember name. I just wished I had remembered this a few weeks ago. Anyway, back to my other ufo’s.

Today, we have light snow, windy, temps in the 20’s. Snow should stop in a few hours. Suppose to get less than an inch. Where do my 50’s go yesterday? ��

Krisb 02-04-2018 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by kristakz (Post 7996533)
Both? Those are big goals! I can't wait to see them - I love Allitare in particular.

Not that overambitious. The tops are done.

kristakz 02-04-2018 01:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My first February finish! This is a group project. The original hexies were started by a friend of a friend, who unfortunately passed away recently. Her sewing treasures were passed on to my friend, including this unfinished top. A group of us meet every month to do embroidery, and this top was offered up at that group. I offered to take it on, and many others wanted to help out, so we made about 12-14 additional hexie diamonds, wrapped them all with white hexies, and I put the top together. It is machine appliqued onto the border fabric (yes I know, I cheated, but none of us are hexie aficionados, and we did want to get it finished). I quilted it and bound it by machine (more cheating). But now the quilt is finished! A photo will be sent to the husband of the original quilter, and the finished project will be donated to a worthy cause.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]588446[/ATTACH]

petthefabric 02-04-2018 03:05 PM

I'm plugging along. Got 2 passes on the king size quilt. 7 to go. Should get 2 more done today.

Fraew 02-04-2018 04:04 PM

Nice Krista!

Teen 02-04-2018 04:13 PM

Very pretty Krista!! Cheat away....it looks great!

retiredteacher09 02-04-2018 06:45 PM

Krista: Awesome finish! Its great so many people had a part in making it.

Connie

QuilterMomma 02-05-2018 01:30 PM

Holy smokes! I see so many beautiful finishes. Congrats to you all!!!!!!!!!

I am still plugging away on a couple. I am going to mix a couple of my UFOs to make one nice large two sided quilt. Think that will work for me. Then the left overs are going to go in a jelly roll quilt to get used up. Off I go to work some more.

Dedemac 02-05-2018 02:51 PM

Trudii, Great way to make one UFO into 4 useful quilts. Great colors for little ones.

Ckcowl, Just keep on keeping on that binding and it will get done! Yes, once the quilt knows where it’s home is, it’s easier to finish it.

Anoka, If your Grandson doesn’t want it I know one that will take it! :), that is so cute, and classic Snoopy.

Rose, your 4-patch is great, seldom work with blocks that big, scrappy and welcoming at the same time. Your miniature is just darling I would use it as a mug rug any day.

Teen, awesome QOV.

Krisb, would love to see pictures of in progress, I know those have a ton of pieces.

Kistrakz, Great donation quilt, and I hope you told its story on the back. Love the optical illusions in the quilt, I see so many different shapes.

As for me, I know that I have been absent for a while. I have been working on hand quilting a table topper from 2014 only 4 years in the making. Sandwiched it on Friday, and was stitching a little while watching the game last night. I also have been working on my JB from 2015 only 2 more blocks to PP and the applique to put on 3 of the pieced blocks. Then I need to figure out how I want to complete them. I know I don't want to make the full quilt. Thinking about wall hanging and a bed runner. Will try to get the table topper done this month, pictures to follow latter.

Sync 02-05-2018 03:24 PM

Krista, sweet finish. BTW, it is NOT cheating to machine applique that top to the borders and it is NOT cheating to bind by machine.