Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2018 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2018-ufo-challenge-month-t293707.html)

Anoka Quilter 01-23-2018 11:19 AM

Great finishes everyone. Whoot, whoot to Kristakz, Suzzy Q, Letawellman, Quilter Momma, and Jaba.

I just got to get the binding hand sewn on and I will have two finishes.

MadQuilter 01-23-2018 12:27 PM

Teen, a crumb block is a block made from leftover pieces of fabric - scraps sewn together and whacked off and another piece added until you have enough "new" material to cut a block. It is a fun way to use those odd-sized scraps.

Teen 01-23-2018 05:18 PM

Fantastic finishes everyone!!! Nothing to report here yet. Got waylaid by dental work and it really zapped my energy... DH out tonight at a meeting so I'm spread all over the kitchen island cutting the last of the borders for quilt. Haven't heard from my quilter yet... I'm getting anxious and praying she didn't run into problems. It's a QOV panel quilt that I procrastinated cuz of the panel....Fingers crossed that she is just busy. Staying home tomorrow to finish up current quilt, sandwich, and get ready for quilter.

Teen 01-23-2018 05:24 PM

Madquilter...thank you for explaining crumb blocks. I love the concept......love how yours turned out. Sorry to keep asking questions but, what size blocks did you finish at? It looks like they're are blocks within blocks on your quilt.

kristakz 01-24-2018 12:15 AM

I love retreats for UFO progress. No finishes, since I don't quilt on my domestic any more, but borders on 4 UFOs, blocks made for another, and tomorrow should see some good progress on #6.

quiltmouse 01-24-2018 06:52 AM

Teen, MadQuilter explained the process, but the crumb flimsy is mine. These blocks are 12". The sashing & cornerstones are 2". The crumb border is 4", also the blue outside border and cornerstones. The quilt is 6 x7 blocks and finishes at 94x116. (The quilt top is folded in fourths) I did not use foundation papers. When I started crumb work, I had two sizes going, 6" & 12". I finished the 6" flimsy, i did sew some 12 " blocks with four 6" blocks together to make 12" blocks for this quilt since I had no plans for another 6" crumb block quilt. Also, one, just one, block is 6", and double framed, you can see it on the left. I was getting REAL tired of crumb work.

Teen 01-24-2018 02:26 PM

Oh so sorry, quiltmouse. Got confused on thread...lol! Thank you so much for measurement info. Obviously, I am admiring it and considering future project. I think it's totally cool looking. I can so see it on the porch of my soon-to-be farmhouse.

Dedemac 01-25-2018 09:40 AM

Another one bites the dust.

2 Attachment(s)
SuzzyQ That is a great thank you gift for your brother. The quilt is very restful, and I'm sure he will love it.

Jaba Those are perfect wall decor for your Florida home, such bright sea creatures make me want to smile. I think it a good finish for a extra panel.

As for me I have a small finish! These measure 4.5 inches square, just right for cups or tumblers. Finally have some nice coasters for when our friends come over for cards. Realized we didn't have four that matched, we do now!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]587676[/ATTACH]

Quiltmouse I also love to do crumbs, here are a few I have, that I need to figure out what to do with. Haven't considered them UFO's yet they are still WIP's:p? Think I will have to look in my finished blocks box and make some decisions.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]587677[/ATTACH]

oksewglad 01-25-2018 10:43 AM

Dedemac what sweet little coasters and really like the brown sashing around the little ones...are the centers 2 1/2"?

happylab 01-25-2018 12:17 PM

UFO challenge

Good lovely sunny warm day everyone. At least it is here. s/b in the 60's.

My count so fat this month through today at 1343. #229 page 10. Drum roll please :thumbup: #32.

Congrats everyone for doing a great job. Happy sewing :sew: everyone