Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2018 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2018-ufo-challenge-month-t293707.html)

Teen 01-12-2018 04:57 PM

We'll...puddlemuff! My quilter has the flu, bless her heart, so my patriotic panel quilt did not get delivered to her today....so, this is scheduled for next week. She typically takes like 2 days on my quilts so I'm good...By the time I get it back to do binding, I should be done with my current quilt. I made great progress on it today. I only have one side to do border and this top is done. Still planning on sandwiching tomorrow (maybe start quilting) but definitely quilting on Sunday. Maybe even Machine binding on Sunday but we'll see. Next project on my list is for my 2nd cousins who will be celebrating 100 years in July. I'm gonna send early cuz, you know, you never know. So, I've got my fabric picked (and all from my stash...yea, me!!) and the pattern.

MadQuilter 01-13-2018 10:26 AM

"Puddlemuff" WHAT A GREAT WORD. Never heard that before, Teen. You sure have been busy. Keep up the good work.

Teen 01-13-2018 02:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OMG!!! I found a UFO when organizing closet today. Where the heck are his arms? I always wanted to make a sock monkey and thought I finished this dude. Apparently not...lol!

cherrybsixty 01-14-2018 06:36 AM

Good crisp Sunday morning everyone, just a little snowy in my part of Kansas so I'm holding in, don't like to drive in this kind of weather, if I don't have to. Have a good sew day everyone.

Belfrybat, that 'hunter star,' is gorgeous
Rob, thanks for the measurements, I'll follow up with more questions when I get into the project but, I got a few in front of it before I take that on
letawellman, so very true about learning new technology
Teen, may I ask how ole is the lil guy (sm)???

Have a great day everyone and have great finishes

Cherry

judy363905 01-14-2018 09:39 AM

First flimsy of 2018

1 Attachment(s)
These blocks are from 2012 ...a Jenny Doan utube video

Still have to choose fabric for the 5 inch outer border ...

Judy in Phx, AZ

D.Henson 01-14-2018 09:51 AM

JudyAZ: I like that pattern. That will be a great finish.... from 2012! Yea!

oksewglad 01-14-2018 10:06 AM

Love to see in progress pics too. Thanks for sharing judy

Sync 01-14-2018 11:03 AM

Looks good Judy.

Altairss 01-14-2018 12:13 PM

I went thru and made a list of all the UFO's that I could well easily find. hmm lot more then I thought I had! I am working on my MIL king double irish chain again. It is lovely but slow going. I thought I had enough blocks to make the center and put all 49 of them together 7X7 layout and realized I needed to add another two rows to one side, just not wide enough so made more blocks Thursday and need to trim them and add them. Hoping I don't need to more rows on the other side! Also finally started my Mom's queen quilt that has been laying out for a year, I got over half the blocks together of her carpenter star and laid out the rest of the corners last night bit tricky as I am using a layer cake so not scrappy but not a set amount of colors either. My sister helped with color placement so I think it looks balanced now. Also pulled out a third UFO single irish chain baby quilt going to add some unicorn applique then baste quilt and bind it. Was waiting till the baby was born to see which UFO I needed to do the boy one or the girl one. Girl for the win! This makes five granddaughters for my sister no boys! But a good opportunity to get another UFO out of here.

Dedemac 01-14-2018 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by judy363905 (Post 7982787)
These blocks are from 2012 ...a Jenny Doan utube video

Still have to choose fabric for the 5 inch outer border ...

Judy in Phx, AZ

Looking great, almost done!

Originally Posted by Teen (Post 7982306)
OMG!!! I found a UFO when organizing closet today. Where the heck are his arms? I always wanted to make a sock monkey and thought I finished this dude. Apparently not...lol!

Such a cutie, he finally decided he wanted to get his arms so he came out of hiding.

Originally Posted by Altairss (Post 7982846)
I went thru and made a list of all the UFO's that I could well easily find. hmm lot more then I thought I had! I am working on my MIL king double irish chain again. It is lovely but slow going. I thought I had enough blocks to make the center and put all 49 of them together 7X7 layout and realized I needed to add another two rows to one side, just not wide enough so made more blocks Thursday and need to trim them and add them. Hoping I don't need to more rows on the other side! Also finally started my Mom's queen quilt that has been laying out for a year, I got over half the blocks together of her carpenter star and laid out the rest of the corners last night bit tricky as I am using a layer cake so not scrappy but not a set amount of colors either. My sister helped with color placement so I think it looks balanced now. Also pulled out a third UFO single irish chain baby quilt going to add some unicorn applique then baste quilt and bind it. Was waiting till the baby was born to see which UFO I needed to do the boy one or the girl one. Girl for the win! This makes five granddaughters for my sister no boys! But a good opportunity to get another UFO out of here.

Congratulations on the new addition.

I'm stitching down the binding today while watching some football. Almost half way done, will post tomorrow when I have it finished.🙏