Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2018 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2018-ufo-challenge-month-t293707.html)

Dedemac 01-10-2018 06:54 PM

Went with the purple, I have the binding made and pressed, will sew it tomorrow. Had wine with the pizza tonight and not playing with the rotary cutter, as I have to square up the quilt yet.

Rob, that is cute. Is it a wall hanging or a mug rug?

rryder 01-11-2018 01:35 AM

Thanks Dedemac, it’s a table topper.

Rhonda Lee 01-11-2018 04:14 AM

Nice finish Rob. Love it.

cherrybsixty 01-11-2018 10:42 AM

Thank you Teen, for that encouragement, I will if the weather cooperates with me. It's already caused one power outage earlier in the day. Teen you have proved to be quite productive or determined with what you have produced in a day along with a dentist's visit, very good.

Rob, what is the measurement on that topper??? I would love to copy it for my grand daughter's table.

I'm pulling out the FW, since the power is back up, have a great sew day everyone.

Cherry

sunrise450 01-11-2018 10:46 AM

I guess I am again behind. Finished a lap quilt for my daughter, don't know if I can count that as a ufo though because I started it this last weekend and finished it yesterday.
We went to Joann's this last Sunday and bought a book of pot holders for holidays. This also cause my daughter wanted pot holders for all the holidays.
I have at least two more days to work on my down stairs sewing room. Then ufo's here I come!
Teen your trapendo is looking fine.
Dedemac, The purple would work wonderful. Okay, I'm a day late and a dollar short. But that is what I thought when first saw it.
Rob, I love your finish! Those colors with the black make such a cheerful top.
Jaba, love your baby quilt.
oksewglad, I have also been working on 2 1/2" squares plus in cleaning I found 2" and 1 1/2" squares.

Belfrybat 01-11-2018 01:53 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well, pits! I finished two prayer quilts this past weekend and bound them on Monday and took them to the church yesterday. But I forgot to take a picture after they were bound. Will you take my word that I did indeed bind and completely finish them?

The second one was from an aborted Mystery Train ride -- #3 I think. I somehow switched one of the colours part way through so the original pattern wouldn't go together without a lot of ripping. So I made two table runners and this quilt out of the components already sewn together.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]586905[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]586906[/ATTACH]

QuilterMomma 01-11-2018 02:30 PM

I think your word will work, at least with me. Love the quilts, your quilting is very nice. Good job. Now about that stash you have under your machine, do we need to talk? LOL

rryder 01-11-2018 03:42 PM

Hey Cherry, It measures 20 and 1/2 inches square.

Rob

rryder 01-11-2018 03:45 PM

I'm with QM, Belfry--your word is good. So's your quilting! Congratulations on both finishes!

Rob

kristakz 01-11-2018 04:04 PM

I would just like to say I have officially started on the monster UFO! Backing is made and loaded on the longarm, along with batting. Just need to iron the top and get started.