Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2018 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2018-ufo-challenge-month-t293707.html)

happylab 01-11-2018 05:43 PM

My progress towards an UFO finish is very slow. BHMQ quilt has really slowed me down. I have 2 more steps before I can put blocks together. I missed placed my binding fabric to finish the tree shirt. I’ll try to finish a small 40” kid quilt this weekend. It’s about 4 Years old. I’ll post pic when done.

letawellman 01-11-2018 05:45 PM

Teen, love the trapunto - it looks great!!

Dedemac, that pink and purple make me think of cotton candy and the old county fair... mmm, I can just smell the candy and popcorn!

Rob, that yellow and black just POP!! Love, love LOVE it!!!

Cherryb, I work in computers, and even at that, the new stuff frustrates me sometimes! Just take your time, you'll eventually get the hang of the new tech... of course, as fast as it changes, it might be "old tech" by the time any of us learn the "new" stuff. :D

No finished UFO for me, yet. I got side tracked by Jenny Doan's "Majestic Mountains" tutorial... and I'm up to my eyeballs in "baby mountains". I hope to get that Dresden plate loaded on the longarm soon, though.

Teen 01-11-2018 06:40 PM

Woo...this train is rockin...

Sunrise....you are doing great...it's only January..easily to get sidelined when some cute little project comes up. Good job on starting and finishing one so quickly.

Belfry...your word is golden. Congrats on the finishes and repurposing those blocks from the mystery. Lovely quilts!

happylab....that BHMQ was a monster project but finishes are turning out beautiful. Please share pics as you progress. Good luck!!

leta....I got sideways today when my mini bolt holders came. Lol!! I have been so excited for these cuz my stash is just in piles. I have to order more holders (yikes)... I underestimated just a tad..lol! However, I did finish the 4-patch border. Tomorrow, all the borders will be sewn on. Yippee!! Also, taking my patriotic panel quilt to the quilter tomorrow. It's been ready for a couple of weeks and we finally scheduled the drop-off.

D.Henson 01-11-2018 07:08 PM

Nice job on the finishes! It is such a great feeling.

oksewglad 01-11-2018 08:50 PM

Glad to see some finished projects...whoo hoo!

Teen, one of reasons why I haven't gone to the comic boards is I would go broke buying them cuz I'd need so many! Smart to do it in the beginning.

JJBlaine 01-12-2018 02:46 AM

I was positive I would have my Scrappy Double Irish Chain all pieced tonight. I was so proud of myself for chugging along on enough of the colored blocks for a 7x9 block quilt. Siily me...I have enough background blocks for a 9x11 block quilt!

Back to making four patches tomorrow! I WILL get this thing pieced before I move on to another UFO!

Rhonda Lee 01-12-2018 10:42 AM

I feel good about the progress I'm making on the "Square Dancers" quilt. I finished all sets of 4 patches and all sets of 1/2 square blocks. This will be enough to make the middle of one side of the quilt. Its a Jacobs Ladder Block that these little guys will go into and its nice to have enough made for 24 blocks for each quilt. I decided I could call this a ufo since I started cutting for it 3 years ago! And sew it goes...

Rhonda Lee 01-12-2018 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat (Post 7981073)
Well, pits! I finished two prayer quilts this past weekend and bound them on Monday and took them to the church yesterday. But I forgot to take a picture after they were bound. Will you take my word that I did indeed bind and completely finish them?

The second one was from an aborted Mystery Train ride -- #3 I think. I somehow switched one of the colours part way through so the original pattern wouldn't go together without a lot of ripping. So I made two table runners and this quilt out of the components already sewn together.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]586905[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]586906[/ATTACH]

Love them, gorgeous.

Sync 01-12-2018 01:18 PM

Belfrybat, wonderful finishes.

MadQuilter 01-12-2018 01:22 PM

Looks like someone's off to a great start.