Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2018 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2018-ufo-challenge-month-t293707.html)

oksewglad 03-21-2018 05:23 PM

Absolutely lovely, Teen...FYI blue ad yellow my favorite color combination!

Conchalea 03-21-2018 07:13 PM

Great work, Teen! I’m also using this board to try & prevent UFOs, such as the unused pieces I found in my mom’s sewing box. I don’t want to leave things like that for my daughters. I’ve worked the last few days on the eye-popping quilt that grabbed me & said, “Me next!” I’m close to completing the top of it.

Krisb 03-23-2018 08:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Have a finish for March. This is from the LQS $5 quilt club, 2016 I think.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]591570[/ATTACH]

Still hoping to finish En Provence before the end of the month.

Teen, just love your SBS blocks. Almost bought the book, but had just bought Quilts of Iceland to get the Northern Lights pattern, and updated my UFO list and...let’s just say I am good through at least the end of 2018.

rryder 03-23-2018 10:51 AM

Oh, that's really pretty krisb, Great finish!

I have to report that I did finish a project Wed. evening, but it was not the UFO that I'd been intending to work on. It was another art quilt. I do have a UFO quilt that will go to a charity auction almost finished with the quilting. I'm using the Sweet Sixteen and loving it, though I've been on a bit of a learning curve with tension, but I think I'm getting good results. Hopefully I can finish quilting it tomorrow and maybe even get it bound. Then back to the collaborative projects. Will post a pic of the piece I finished Wed. in the pictures section.

petthefabric 03-23-2018 01:17 PM

Krisb, beautiful

oksewglad 03-23-2018 01:18 PM

Glad you are enjoying your new machine, too, rryder! A friend of mine has the Baby Lock Tiara (a similar machine) and is really getting good at her quilting. I haven't had a chance to do anymore than my first two pieces and getting antsy to do more!

rryder 03-23-2018 01:44 PM

I know what you mean about getting antsy to do more Oksewglad. I was going to finish the quilting on the baby quilt today, but then realized that we're hosting a gathering on Sunday and have an opening at the gallery tonight, so instead spent all day cleaning and doing some more decluttering...

Rob

Krisb 03-23-2018 02:27 PM

Thanks for the nice comments. Am officially declaring En Provence the victor over my little 5” harp machine, so it is getting packed to be done after we go home. On to the next UFO! An “AllAglow”panel that will be our new Christmas tree in Florida. Have the setting designed, should be able to knock this one out before Easter.

Still trying to figure out how to get rid of the dining room furniture, china, etc to make room for a sit-down machine.

Teen 03-23-2018 06:22 PM

Krisb....your quilt finish is fantastic!! Wow...so many pieces.

Thank you, all, for the lovely comments on SBS. 109 of 140 completed. Visited with my LA today and picked up my 2 quilts. (Neither are UFO's but have been handing for awhile awaiting LA and flu issues.) Going to bind them this weekend. One by hand...and one by machine. Both gifts. Yea! Anywhoo...while visiting with her and discussing SBS, I think we decided that the blocks will be E2E by her...then I will FMQ the applique borders. We've got a plan so...phew! If I did the quilting, I'd probably just to STID but I don't have the time for that. So...plan B

I am prepping my appliqués for the SBS in the evening...should have enough hand work to keep me busy while I'm gone for a month.

Teen 03-25-2018 06:35 PM

117 of 140 blocks completed. Applique border pieces started.... Stay focused, Teen!! (This said by Rocky)