Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2018 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2018-ufo-challenge-month-t293707.html)

QuilterMomma 04-12-2018 10:36 AM

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]592857[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]592858[/ATTACH]The applique is taking me so long to do. Lots of pieces and really large blocks. I have four finished and working on the last five. Not going to get done by my deadline of Saturday, but will keep working on it.
The dress quilt is from a block swap. I did a bad girl and forced my blocks to fit my sashing, not a good idea. I am having to custom quilt it now and work in that extra "fluff" I left. Each of the 12 will have different fillers. These are the last three. Think, think, think of a new idea.

oksewglad 04-12-2018 01:06 PM

Kudos to you that "just Keep sewing, just keep sewing". I've "just kept ripping, just kept ripping" in between my real life!

rryder 04-12-2018 02:30 PM

Wow QM! You’re on a roll!

thanks for the well wishes everyone.

QuilterMomma 04-12-2018 02:47 PM

Thanks Rob, trying to be. After this Saturday, will be a few weeks before I have anymore done. That paperwork for judging needs to be in by the end of month and I am not as far as I need to be. Oh boy!

Teen 04-12-2018 03:03 PM

Oksewglad.....what are you ripping? You sew beautifully..I can't imagine you ripping out anything. Is it the LA?

oksewglad 04-12-2018 06:24 PM

Oh yeah Teen...I failed to check the tension after I refilled bobbins...think I rethreaded wrong. So I merrily quilted a nice section, rolled to go onto the next area and saw the loopy threads on the bottom...Typical rookie mistake! I've had some real job commitments and haven't had a chance to finish pulling threads. Think I'll go and work on it now.

oksewglad 04-13-2018 11:51 PM

Tonight went down and finished ripping stitches and started to quilt....kept quilting until I got the queen sized quilt top finished. Now off the frame and waiting to be trimmed and bound. will have to dig through stash to find the binding fabric. I"ll need at least 3/4 of a yard.

Teen 04-14-2018 08:24 AM

Despite your rookie mistake, it must be wonderful to be able to LA your work yourself. I'm so happy for you and can't wait for when I get one when I move. My LA'er has been teaching me in preparation.

oksewglad 04-14-2018 08:34 AM

Teen I'm enjoying this so much...I've had several flimsies on hand to practice on so not to worried about doing a perfect (ha what's that?) job and consider every quilt a learning experience. This last one was quilt #6.

A suggestion for you...I started keeping a journal of my quilts on the LA...just a simple steno pad noting date, quilt description, type of batting, type of stitching, what kind of thread. And most of all what I learned...in other words what mistakes I made and how to avoid them.:D

Have you been doing any LA'ing? Some places rent time on a LA. Good luck!

Teen 04-14-2018 10:16 AM

I've done some LA with supervision and I took a class on the HQ / Pro-Stitcher but will take another class when I buy one. I've never rented time on LA but I will likely do that when I move until I get my machine and chose the brand. I keep a journal on quilting and it's right by my domestic. I'll definitely do the same with the LA so great suggestion.

I leave in a week for our trip and will be gone a month. So, today, I'm cleaning, organizing, yard work. Not much sewing today though I did cut out borders strips for my SBS. My applique stuff and supplies are all packed for our trip but if I forget anything, there are 6 LQS I can go to, which I plan to anyway. One shop has a good selection of reproduction (for my Baltimore Album) and a I've written fabric names down to look at. I hope to buy all that is needed. Can't wait!!