Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2018 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2018-ufo-challenge-month-t293707.html)

D.Henson 04-08-2018 08:41 AM

Kristakz, your quilt is beautiful. Love the pieced back. Stunning quilt.

oksewglad 04-08-2018 10:26 AM

A striking finish kristakz! Love the improv look to your backing. You must be learning...only 1 failed back attempt:D...next time it'll be right the first time!

jclinganrey 04-08-2018 10:38 AM

kristakz - great finish! Plz contact cat-on-a-mac to get your picture added to the Giant Scrappy Swoon quilt along.

petthefabric 04-08-2018 01:54 PM

Kris nice quilt. Since I'm an artist especially like the back

Teen 04-08-2018 02:36 PM

Gorgeous, Krista!!! Geesh....talent abundance in this thing...

elly66 04-09-2018 04:37 AM

Beautiful quilt Krista. Congrats on another finish!

retiredteacher09 04-09-2018 05:27 AM

Oksewglad: I’m glad I provided you with a memory with my mention of the Twins. :)

Kristakz: Beautiful! My Swoon from that thread was given to my Godchild’s mother after her daughter died and she then gave it to her son, my Godchild. It’s funny because I couldn’t decide which person to give it to so I was thrilled she gave it to him and his wife and that it was being used.

QuilterMomma 04-09-2018 03:58 PM

Love your Swoon Kristakz! The black made it pop and great backing concept. Way to use the fabric.

rryder 04-10-2018 04:04 AM

Teen - Way to Go on finishing those blocks!

QM- Ikm loving that fish (what I can see of it, still a bit blurry)...

dhenon- nice nicu quilt congrats on finishing.

krista- fabulous finish both front and back!

hope I didn’t miss anyone or get any names wrong, vision is still pretty blurry in left eye and right eye is farsighted, so itks not helpful for reading screen LOL.... yesterday was the first day I felt good enough (no eye pain) to do some work in the studio. I played with the smallest couching foot on my Sweet Sixteen and had a blast couching the leftover rats nest of some handspun yarn onto a UFO. Had to spend a fair ampunt of time untangling the yarn, but I used it all up and think I’m happy with the progress on the UFO, but will need to see once the vision clears...doc says it will take up to 6 months to see the full effect, but that I will see noticeable improvement over the next week or so. Right now it is at the stage of going between clear and blurry with mostly blurry. very exciting when it is clear because I get sense of what it will be like to be able to see things in the mid range without having to put on the super strong readers I was using.....

Rob

Krisb 04-10-2018 08:58 AM

Rob—great to have you back in the studio. The blurry vision may temporarily allow you to sharethe artistic vision of Van Gogh.