Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2018 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2018-ufo-challenge-month-t293707.html)

QuilterMomma 04-10-2018 09:11 AM

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]592619[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]592620[/ATTACH]This is the front and back of my Hawaiian Applique. I bought them in Hawaii several years ago and just now finished it. Decided to make them into one quilted pillow instead of two. Like the quilted feel. Yeah another April finish.

QuilterMomma 04-10-2018 09:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]592621[/ATTACH]Almost done with this one. I have about 20 more minutes quilting then the binding which will be machine stitched.

joe'smom 04-10-2018 12:30 PM

Wow, this train is speeding along with some beautiful finishes! Great going, everyone.

Teen, congratulations on finishing those blocks!

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Rob.

Teen 04-10-2018 02:50 PM

Yea, Rob! Welcome back and speedy recovvvvveryyyyy! (No, that's not blurry....just messing with you!)

Quiltermama.....you are rocking right along. Love the pillows...deep rich color...lovely quilting. Christmas quilt is adorable. Fantastic quilting...

I am assembling the SBS....8 of 14 rows done...Geesh...this thing is heavy...

Conchalea 04-10-2018 07:27 PM

Great finishes, QMomma! I like Teen’s use of this thread for UFO-prevention, & in that vein, I finished my Lattice Garden today. I made it in about 10 days, mainly because it was my stress-buster while my daughter was in hospital
with a suspected stroke. It turns out she had a “complex migraine,” which often mimics a stroke with blurred vision, speech difficulties, & Motor-control issues. All of these were experienced by her so everyone was sure it was a stroke. Happily, it seems it wasn’t so we’re all relieved. But I got a nice quilt out of it!

Teen 04-10-2018 07:34 PM

That's great news about daughter's diagnosis but still sad she had that level of a migraine. But still, a relief, I'm sure. I saw your lattice quilt and it was beautiful....

Conchalea 04-10-2018 07:43 PM

Thanks, Teen. She’s been told she can expect to have more of these migraines. Apparently hers are related to entering menopause. As if that’s not enough on its own!

Teen 04-11-2018 09:37 AM

My SBS blocks are nearly done being assembled....should have that done today...then on to borders and appliquing.

I found the the cutest and silliest applique wall hanging kit in my stash I forgot I had. I'm taking that with me when we head to Idaho to work on. Will be a fresh infusion of something new since SBS has consumed me for 2 months.

judy363905 04-11-2018 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 8037650)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]592621[/ATTACH]Almost done with this one. I have about 20 more minutes quilting then the binding which will be machine stitched.

So cute and the quilting is excellent, you are headed for the finish line...Job well done :)

Judy in Phx, AZ

QuilterMomma 04-12-2018 10:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]592856[/ATTACH]It is finished including the buttons and binding. Yeah! All Done!