Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2018 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2018-ufo-challenge-month-t293707.html)

happylab 04-14-2018 01:34 PM

The Total for March did not change. We had 20 UFO completed. YEa!!!! Job well done.

So far for April we have 7 completed UFO's. Toot, Toot! Congrates everyone for doing a great job so far. We are just under 1/2 for this month. Lets see how well we do this month.

Our list so far:
QuilterMomma = Red snowman mug rug #675
Oksewglad = Baby quilt - no pic #694
Oksewglad = No pic #694
D.Hudson = Nicu donation quilt #695
Kristakz = Giant Scrappy Swoon #700
QuilterMomma = Green Hawaiian Applique pillow
QuilterMomma = Blue Christmas project

Thank-you everyone for working on and completing your projects.

Conchalea 04-14-2018 01:55 PM

I finally completed a blouse for my daughter today-does that count here? I started it (I think) last summer or fall &
worked sporadically on it. Now I’ve finished it & I am so relieved! I now know I like quilting better than making garments. A quilt will fit someone!

Dedemac 04-14-2018 02:39 PM

Sorry for the long MIA, everyone has done great love the pictures so far.

Quiltermomma you are on a roll!!

Oksewglad it's speeds up the process when you can LA yourself. I like your suggestion on a journal on the quilts, I think everyone should keep one. I am in the process of trying to document what I have already given away. I'm still jealous of your machine.

DHudson and Kristakz they look wonderful.

Teen congratulations on getting all 140 blocks done, can't wait to see a picture.

I have been working on the applique and Noahs Kilt, but today I don't have much sewing mojo. So I have been cleaning today and staring at the birds and bunny trying to find food in the snow. On Friday I could see the grass today I think we have about 8 inches at the moment. It's not suppose to stop until tomorrow night. It is April isn't it?
Sorry for the whining.

oksewglad 04-15-2018 05:26 PM

Whining is okay Dedemac...we have had our share of winter. It's supposed to quit snowing around midnight tonight.

Count another finish for me happylab. I finished machine stitching the binding on a queen size quilt tonight. It's BH RickRack 9's. Without borders it's 94 x 94. I added a 6" border to the top to make it a little longer for our bed. I need to take photos of my April finishes.

The next quilt to go on the frame is an almost finished top I quilted on my domestic machine...I have 3 3" borders left and thought I'd try to finish it on the LA. Wrangling a full size quilt doesn't seem enticing to get it done.

Dedemac 04-15-2018 05:44 PM

Congratulations on another finish. We ended up with around 15+ inches. Just starting to slow down outside. Looks pretty, but getting tired of winter.

Krisb 04-16-2018 08:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is not a UFO, but....isn’t it cute? Not the best picture, but it was too cold outside to rearrange, and designated quilt holder is in Florida.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]593034[/ATTACH]

On the UFO side, re-sandwiched En Provence (never try to sandwich a 90” square quilt in an 8’ wide trailer), and did a few lines of quilting on it, so not totally off the finishing UFO wagon. I wanted this little piece done to the point of hand sewing the binding to take with me to Gatlinburg Wed. Will be sandwiching first, and using the stitching to hold down the raw edge applique as part of the quilting, then just some FM lines in the background.

oksewglad 04-16-2018 08:33 AM

Sunshine out now...let's not hold our breath that spring is coming just yet.

What a pretty sailboat scene, Kris! Good luck on getting that BH quilt finished...trying to imagine you work in such a small environment...wouldn't work for me for sure!

QuilterMomma 04-16-2018 09:22 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Very pretty Krisb.
Thank you everyone. Here are some more finishes for this month. Most likely no more till my paperwork is done.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]593042[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]593043[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]593044[/ATTACH]

Mariposa 04-16-2018 10:34 AM

Kris~ pretty sailboat!

QMomma~ those are great finishes!

oksewglad 04-16-2018 10:40 AM

Three very unique projects Q Momma..I like how you set the blocks in the dress quilt!