Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2018 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2018-ufo-challenge-month-t293707.html)

QuilterMomma 04-16-2018 02:12 PM

That idea came from the book I bought for blocks, 1000 Quilt Blocks, was mentioned in the boom swap. In the back was setting ideas for blocks. I wanted something different. Love the look and will do it again for the more simple blocks that are not intricately pieced.

Teen 04-16-2018 03:24 PM

Krisb.....so cute...I love the colors. And, quilter's find a way no matter what....I'm picturing the sandwich process in your trailer and giggling.

Qmama......those are great. Just love the dress quilt. The fish quilt turned out fantastic with all your improv.... Such talent...

petthefabric 04-16-2018 04:20 PM

Such beautiful finishes.
An art show is coming up and finally found a reason to finish my "Mellow Yellow" quilt. Pic's when it's finished

Here we are in California in April and we got snow. The weather is so unforcastable (is that a word?).

oksewglad 04-16-2018 07:28 PM

Tickled pink...just took off another quilt...this one was almost quilted on my DSM...and now it is finished. Loaded it and turned it once to get the final three borders done...now to trim and bind...but that's for another day.

Looking forward to Mellow Yellow!

rryder 04-17-2018 05:22 AM

Congratulations on three more finishes QM!

rryder 04-18-2018 07:25 AM

UFOs finished for April

1 Attachment(s)
Here are 5 UFOs that I finished. They are scarves that consist of reclaimed fabric scraps from my overflowing scrap bins. I bought the stabilizer to make these last year and only made enough for a couple of friends for Christmas presents. These will go to the gallery tomorrow to be put on sale fin time for the Earth Day celebrations.

First photo shows one scarf. Second photo shows the remaining 4. Not sure why it won't upload the second photo. But ya'll get the idea.

Rob

elly66 04-18-2018 09:08 AM

You have the greatest ideas for scraps Rob. Love all the pictures and I can't believe how many projects you wonderful people get done. I'm still plugging along on the first finish though I am piecing on two other UFOs as well.

rryder 04-18-2018 09:58 AM

Thanks Erin,
those scarves are fun to do, just take a piece of sticky wash away stabilizer lay the scraps on half of it, fold the other half down to cover and then stitch all over. I like to do a grid pattern making sure that all the outside edges of the grid get caught by crossing threads. Then dissolve the stabilizer, run through the wash and dryer and voila that many fewer scraps into the landfill.

Rob

oksewglad 04-18-2018 10:37 AM

Nice job, Rob....gives me a couple of ideas! Thanks.

QuilterMomma 04-19-2018 07:48 AM

This is a great idea. I bet it was fun to do with your new sit down quilter. Makes the job a bit easier. What a nice infinity scraf. I bet one could color code those and then put in some sparkly yarn or thread scraps as well to make them especially colorful.