Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2018 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2018-ufo-challenge-month-t293707.html)

oksewglad 02-02-2018 03:06 PM

What a nice pattern to finish off a panel...nicely done, Teen. Better check those pizza boxes again...lots of goings on under the cover of darkness....:D

oksewglad 02-02-2018 03:09 PM

Rose you are too hard on yourself...it's a nice little piece...and if your cats rule the household, well then they have a mat fit for a king or queen!

D.Henson 02-02-2018 04:13 PM

Rose: I agree with oksewglad, your piece looks very nice. It would look great in your sewing space. Also, a nice little table topper.

Teen: Very nice QOV. Someone will be lucky to receive such a beautiful quilt. Great finish!

Teen 02-02-2018 04:36 PM

Rose...I really like to tabletopper. Any bright color w/black & white so works for me....

happylab 02-03-2018 07:26 AM

UFO challenge

Cannyquilter, I’m so terrible sorry I missed you in our count for January, but you are on my count now. So we have a grand total of **** 46 ****. Yea!!!!! thank-you everyone.

We we are off to a great start for February, 3 finishes in 3 days. Fantastic Rose-P and Teen. Such lovely finishes.

I just finished Twilling my Purple Heart, very small. I’m going to find small 2.5” pieces to surround the heart block and quilt it. I’m slow on finishing my charity quilt due to... I can’t find the right size of batting in my box of batting. I find the right size in the wrong type of batting. They want thin batting for the top, so still digging. I found the matching whale panel to finish the whale quillow I started 10 years ago. That should be another finish. I found a table topper that just needs quilted. And finally the 30’s d-4-patch I swapped with other members of the board 3-4 years ago. These are all small projects. I’ll try to finish 1 a week, that’s doable.

Well happy sewing/quilting everyone.

kristakz 02-03-2018 09:00 AM

I'm aiming for 3 finishes this month. My hexie quilt - drawn by one of my UFO challenge groups. My sister's birthday quilt, which is due in 2 weeks and has been languishing since September, and a charity quilt that I tried to release into the wild but it came back home for quilting. Now if I could just get off the computer :)

Teen 02-03-2018 02:57 PM

Working on the mystery train clue and my cousins quilt.....but I'm hoping to tackle those stray blocks I discovered....

Krisb 02-03-2018 06:30 PM

My February finishes will be En Provence, Alletierre. All sewing on hold until the new electrical entrance is installed tomorrow.

kristakz 02-03-2018 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Krisb (Post 7996520)
My February finishes will be En Provence, Alletierre. All sewing on hold until the new electrical entrance is installed tomorrow.

Both? Those are big goals! I can't wait to see them - I love Allitare in particular.

oksewglad 02-03-2018 07:19 PM

Admirable goals for February...I hope to finish off with some major bookwork this week...then maybe can settle into sewing...not sure if UFO's are on the horizon, but I might be able to find a couple of little ones to finish..