Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2019 UFO Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2019-ufo-challenge-t301919.html)

oksewglad 02-21-2019 07:14 PM

In my mind the quilt is outta the house and off the UFO list, Teen!

Last night I pulled out my Tula Pink City Sampler blocks made from scrap batiks. I had them sewn in vertical strips. I got the vertical sashes and top spacers cut out an am now sewing it all together...gonna love this full size quilt. I didn't use all 100 blocks, but that's okay. It was a fun set of blocks to sew.

In my fabric fall I found fabric to finish off a little star mini block and hope to get that finished up before too long, too. So UFO's may fall as well.

Conchalea 02-22-2019 04:57 AM

Teen & OK, good news on your UFO fronts! OK, good use of the ‘fall’ scraps you received. So that fall wasn’t too bad if it means a languishing UFO gets finished & off your pile. I think it balances out.

Belfrybat 02-22-2019 07:18 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Well, surprise of surprises! I finished two UFOs this week. The first is a melding of two quilts. Years ago I sewed jillions of 4 patches that measured 9-1/2". It was for a snowball quilt on MSQC. I was a new quilter and had no idea how many patches I would end up with! Then.... fast forward to last year when I needed some off-white 6-1/2" squares for a quilt. I got carried away. So... I cut down the remaining 4 patches, snowballed the 6-1/2 squares and voila'. A UFO finish. The second is a but more mundane. Last fall I cut out simple quilt kits for our prayer quilt group to make and whipped one up during a very cold day last week. I don't count a quilt finished until it's quilted and bound, and that I finished last night.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]608986[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]608987[/ATTACH]

joe'smom 02-22-2019 07:23 AM

That is a pretty snowball quilt, Belfrybat. I like your choice of border fabric -- it doesn't upstage the quilt center. Congrats on the two finishes!

Teen 02-22-2019 07:45 AM

Love both quilts, Belfrybat... I'm starting a snowball quilt but I'll be making floral blocks with mine. However, I like the 4P pattern too.

Sync 02-22-2019 10:42 AM

Belfrybat, congrats on your finishes. They look wonderful.

oksewglad 02-22-2019 04:01 PM

Two for Belfrybat! Yeah....I love how you deviated from the original plan and "put 2, 2 quilts in one!" Great thinking. The second lovely will be greatly appreciated by some fortunate person! Like you I don't call it done until the bindings finished...and that's when I count my fabric usage as well.

I have about three vertical seams an top and bottom borders to sew on the Tula Pink City quilt. Then I can find some backing and get it quilted. I started cutting scraps for the blocks at least 4 years ago if not longer.

retiredteacher09 02-22-2019 04:44 PM

Nice quilts, Belfrybat! Congratulations on the UFO finishes.

Belfrybat 02-23-2019 06:53 AM

Thanks everyone. Right now I'm working on someone else's UFOs. A kind person from this board sent me several quilt tops, half finished quilts, and orphan blocks. Since they are not my UFOs I won't count them and will post the pics in the pictures section as they are finished. So probably no more countable UFOs from me for at least a month.

oksewglad 02-23-2019 02:44 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I took this picture when I pulled this UFO out earlier in the week. Now have only 3 vertical and 2 horizontal seams to sew and can call this flimsy ready for the LA.[ATTACH=CONFIG]609112[/ATTACH]
My other UFO I'm working on will take some time..I started these hexi's in 2013 and decided they would be a good TV watching project.[ATTACH=CONFIG]609113[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]609114[/ATTACH]