Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2019 UFO Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2019-ufo-challenge-t301919.html)

retiredteacher09 02-24-2019 04:30 PM

Sync: Very cute baskets.

Givio: Pretty Birthday Candle quilt. My blocks were quilted only in the sections under the appliques. So any borders that were added to the block per BOM instructions are not quilted. I really want to be braver and try QAYG. I have sewn strips directly to the batting and then kept adding the strips in the flip and sew method until I got to the right size but someday I want to do the sashing strips.

sewbizgirl 02-24-2019 07:58 PM

Connie and Sync, I wish I had your applique skills! Beautiful blocks.

Oksewglad, love your pretty hexies, and the quilt in columns is stunning! And huge! How big will it end up being?

Givio, love the way the Birthday Candies quilt is coming together! It almost looks like a watercolor, the way you have the squares going back and forth between dark and light. And that border is really going to flow! The reds do stand out and catch your eye. Love your plan to QAYG. I think that's going to be a great way to do it.

oksewglad 02-24-2019 08:36 PM

Thanks SBG...I think it's 72 x 96..a nice full size quilt. I'll try to take completed pictures tomorrow.

Don't think I will brave the elements and take an outside photo with natural light! We've had blizzard conditions today. Snow plows have been pulled off the road all over NE Iowa and now -wind chills. For first time in over 20 years FarmerSon is spending the night as road to his house a half mile and a hill away is impassable. He just squeaked by earlier in the day (5:30) to start on evening chores.

judy363905 02-25-2019 03:49 PM

Q*bert

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by judy363905 (Post 8212553)
Think I will be able to finish this 3-D block wall hanging in February. Worked on mitered borders.

Will do simple quilting, really want to finish this in February.

Judy in Phx, AZ

Finished Q*bert this afternoon. I now have a few days to play before tackling my March UFO

Planning to hang. Q*bert in my studio.

sewbizgirl 02-25-2019 04:24 PM

Gladie, stay inside where it's warm!

Love the cubes, Judy. I want to try some on a baby quilt for an upcoming baby.

retiredteacher09 02-25-2019 06:15 PM

Judy: Very pretty! Congratulations on the finish.

oksewglad: I’m glad your son stayed at your house. Even a half mile and a hill are dangerous in blizzards.

joe'smom 02-25-2019 08:12 PM

Judy, I think Q*bert is wonderful. The proportions and colors are so pleasing to look at.

WMUTeach 02-26-2019 08:20 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Photo time: Two quilts were finished for January and one for February, one more to be photographed for the February total.

This is my quilt guild 2018 exchange block project.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]609285[/ATTACH]
Next is the 2015 exchange block quilt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]609286[/ATTACH]
Six of the blocks for this baby quilt were made by my sister-in-law about 20 years ago. Found in her stash after her death. I found extra matching fabric in her stash! Just enough to make the pinwheels!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]609287[/ATTACH]

Teen 02-26-2019 09:37 AM

Beautiful finishes, ladies. WMUteach...I love that you finished your sister-in-laws quilt. Lovely!

Sync 02-26-2019 10:04 AM

Sweet finishes, judy363905 and WMUTeach.