Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2019 UFO Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2019-ufo-challenge-t301919.html)

WMUTeach 09-06-2019 10:56 AM

Mary B119, I posted a message on my quilt guild site and Ta-Da, I have the name! It is from a book call Scrap-Basket Sensations by Kim Brackett and the name of the quilt is "Picnic". I suspect that my guild leader took the basic block and redesigned it to be paper pieced. Kim's patterns are easy to follow, so if you can find a copy, you may find it a treasure chest of beautiful quilts.

oksewglad 09-06-2019 02:38 PM

Simple quick UFO finish this afternoon. Put binding on 2 potholders. I made them 18 months ago as my first practice project on the LA. I cut the piece into potholder sized pieces, then put a layer of insulbrite before the backing. Cut 2 strips of binding fabric from stash and voila..done. Now to find someone to gift them to...shouldn't be hard.

Queenbarbiej 09-06-2019 07:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I got a lot of quilt blocks that I received from a lady on this board. I turned them into two quilts and donated them.[ATTACH=CONFIG]617129[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]617130[/ATTACH]

retiredteacher09 09-07-2019 05:49 AM

Congratulations, oksewglad, on your potholder finishes! Every finish, whether big or small, equals success.

Queenbarbiej: Congratulations on the finishes. They turned out very pretty.

maryb119 09-07-2019 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach (Post 8298574)
Mary B119, I posted a message on my quilt guild site and Ta-Da, I have the name! It is from a book call Scrap-Basket Sensations by Kim Brackett and the name of the quilt is "Picnic". I suspect that my guild leader took the basic block and redesigned it to be paper pieced. Kim's patterns are easy to follow, so if you can find a copy, you may find it a treasure chest of beautiful quilts.

Thank you!!!

oksewglad 09-08-2019 05:24 AM

Thanks, retiredT...I even found a new home for them...yesterday a 20someting friend stopped by bringing a friend along on their way to a college friends get together. They each got a potholder! So sweet to think that C wants to hang out with a couple of old folks for an afternoon.

Conchalea 09-08-2019 06:44 AM

I had a finish for August. It was an art quilt I set aside a few years ago because it wasn't working as I originally visualized. If I can figure out how to resize the phone photo I'll post it here. It's a wall hanging featuring flowers & a windmill. Besides finishing a forgotten UFO, I used only stash fabrics in it, so it was a double win.

oksewglad 09-08-2019 11:13 AM

Congrats on your finish, Conchalea...would like to see it, too.

Conchalea 09-08-2019 11:38 AM

OK, I wish I could figure out this phone. I could resize on the I-phone but not on this android-type phone.

Conchalea 09-08-2019 12:03 PM

Forgotten UFO

1 Attachment(s)
I transferred my phone pix to my computer. I do know how to resize photos on my computer. The windmill blades were from a mistake on another quilt I made. I used a template to cut right angle triangles & left the fabric folded. The back of the fabric caused backwards triangles. When I laid out the pieces, my immediate thought was, what a great windmill they made!. So, the idea for the windmill was born. The flowers were smaller triangles from the same template. My friend is a lifelong biologist & always has lovely flowers so I thought it appropriate for her. She loved the bright green and the varied flowers. The small blue ones were some yarn scraps I coiled and sewed to the background fabric.