Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2019 UFO Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2019-ufo-challenge-t301919.html)

happylab 08-30-2019 02:39 PM

I practiced on my long arm today. It quilts like a gem, so smooth. I just put 2 pieces of kid fabric together which I had in my UFO pile and did a merandering stitch, it will be a lap quilt. My stitches are looking better, like they are suppose to. So later this evening I will try the computer version of this pattern for edge to edge. I'm leaning on quilting the Olaf Top. This weekend is VQW for 4.5 days so I plan on quilting small to medium projects each day. Plus put on boarders on a few UFO projects that can then be finished tops. So I will have a few more UFO completed by the end of the weekend. happy quilting and sewing everyone.

oksewglad 08-30-2019 03:15 PM

happylab there is something very soothing about doing a simple meander...I hum as I stitch to get an even sewing rhythm. My machine does not have capability to download designs, so I'll be doing a lot of humming! Good luck on your projects.

petthefabric 09-02-2019 07:37 AM

hello all
it's 6 days post surgery. the support team has been great. when i start to get winey it's time to sleep and they encourage it.

dr follow up is tomorrow. would like to shower and less tme in sling.

saturday, dd & husband came for dinner. i was panickng over what needed doing. dh gave me norco and sent to bed. we went over the planned 1 hr shower time. every one stayed cool and laughed at my drg induced antics.

this week i expect the drugs will be cut back and pt start within 1 wk. sister returns tomorrow. what joy, last week she listed her first house and it sold!!!! her broker has been very good to her.

Teen 09-02-2019 08:45 AM

Hi, Pet!! You've been on my mind ....So glad to hear from you and that you are doing well! Will keep the healing vibes headed your way and that tomorrow's appointment results are positive! Don't overdo and enjoy being loved and cared for by others..:hug::hug:

oksewglad 09-02-2019 11:18 AM

ptf...good to hear that surgery went well and it won't be long and you will be back sewing!

retiredteacher09 09-02-2019 05:37 PM

Great news, petthefabric!

joe'smom 09-03-2019 07:44 AM

Thank you for the update, petthefabric! I'm glad you have a good support team watching out for you!

WMUTeach 09-03-2019 01:26 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well, I missed posting this finish but it was done in August. This is a set of exchange blocks from my quilt guild, 2013. I started hand quilting and then set it aside. Decided I needed to finish this and to refine my hand work. So, it is now done. Got my stitches down to 8 - 10 per inch on the border. Much improved from some of the interior blocks. :o Check, check one more done! On to a September UFO and a large hand quilting project that was started 20 years ago by my SIL. Watch for that one in January - Tee-Hee-Hee!

.[ATTACH=CONFIG]617010[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]617011[/ATTACH]

maryb119 09-03-2019 05:52 PM

Pretty quilt! What is the pattern called?

retiredteacher09 09-03-2019 06:15 PM

WMUTeach: Very pretty and congratulations on the finish.